Page 1 of 1

Moving...again (and never again!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:10 am
by Johnny Roadkill
So, my time with a big workshop shed is no more...until the new one is built...

We haved moved house for what I hope is the last time - what an adventure when you have a 12x6m shed full of um...stuff (less polite terms come to mind but it's a family friendly forum).

Fortunately we found a guy nearby with humongous sheds to spare who is storing my car and parts collection until we can get a shed built at the new address. The plan is to build a shed the same size here, perhaps only 2.7m high walls instead of 3m but otherwise much the same with a few tweaks to better suit my...um, I mean our needs. I am indeed lucky to have a wife who understands my need to keep multiple cars that don't actually function as cars...yet.

Image

Cheers,
D

Re: Moving...again (and never again!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 am
by r1lark
Wow, what a nice shed!

But......who builds a shed like this then leaves it empty? :D

Re: Moving...again (and never again!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 am
by Esteban
Good luck in your new home. Maybe a good opportunity to build the new shed to your liking.

Have you ever considered installing a lift? If so, maybe the 3m high will be in order (~10 ft).

Johnny Roadkill wrote:...I am indeed lucky to have a wife who understands my need to keep multiple cars that don't actually function as cars...yet.
Cheers,
D


Indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re: Moving...again (and never again!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am
by RiverPatrol
Good luck with the move and getting the new shed built. :D

Re: Moving...again (and never again!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:41 pm
by Johnny Roadkill
r1lark wrote:Wow, what a nice shed!
But......who builds a shed like this then leaves it empty? :D


Fair question - he bought a disused fish farm, filled the tanks and concreted the floors...5 huge sheds, lives in 1 and has rented 1 out so far plus my cars in another. Eventually they'll be a good money spinner for him.

Esteban wrote:Good luck in your new home. Maybe a good opportunity to build the new shed to your liking.

Have you ever considered installing a lift? If so, maybe the 3m high will be in order (~10 ft).

Johnny Roadkill wrote:...I am indeed lucky to have a wife who understands my need to keep multiple cars that don't actually function as cars...yet.
Cheers,
D


Indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap:


A lift would be a delight, haven't ruled it out yet but might be pushing my wife's understanding nature a bit far...

RiverPatrol wrote:Good luck with the move and getting the new shed built. :D


Thank you - move is done but still a lot of sorting to do at the new place as well as the shed build...no rest for the addicted !

Cheers,
D