Opinions on this

General chatter, gossip, gab, hot air, rap session, etc.

Postby plateaucal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:45 pm

So I saw this today in a secret undisclosed location. Left a note on his window. What year? What is it worth? Seems like if needs parts from my 67.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:07 pm

It's pre-66, evidenced by the recessed door handles. It most likely was an original soft top; it has the studs around the tub and there isn't a dome light switch next to the map light switch.

It's rough. Even though it has floor mats, they are petrified. Seat frames might be okay. I see at least one hubcap (didn't you end up with one or two on your other scores?). It's got the original outside mirror; it's safe, Rob already found one. ;) Original wheels.

Other than the fact that it has sat out uncovered for many years, it looks pretty solid. No visible cancer rust, the sheet metal seems to be okay. It looks pretty complete.

Worth? Does it run? When was the last time it ran? brakes? Patrols can be sleepers - look like trash but run great. If it hasn't run since the seats still had vinyl on them, I would say under $1000. If the owner doesn't get on the Internet, you can probably get it for $500.

You must be a picker, the way you come across these things. ;)
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:31 pm

It is like a disease I wish I would not have caught. Was talking to a client about old cars, showed him a photo of mine and he told me about this one a few blocks away. I make it a past time to cruise the back allies and streets of the small towns around here, when I am in the area. So I thought I could combine a few parts with the 67 and maybe get a runner. It's red and Robert says that that color will ensure it will run. No, I don't want it but if the owner says $500, I'll take it. But I may never hear from the owner...so....maybe I'll go pop off that hubcap and call it good.
plateaucal Offline

Postby plateaucal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 pm

BTW, never got any hubcaps in my stash. They look kinda silly anyway.
plateaucal Offline

Postby moore_rb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:07 am

Interesting.... The door handles say early 66 or older, but the 2 piece wheels say mid-66, or later... :?:

That probably makes it a 66... 8-) (unless that one single front wheel is not original)

Red paint seems to be like the fountain of youth for Patrols... It probably runs like a combine... :D

$500, but only if you can hook up a battery and get it to turn over, and push a compression gauge past 100psi... If it actually fires and runs, then sure, anything up to $1000 is probably a good deal (for someone else, not me 8-) )

If the engine is shot, then offer $300...
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
White 65 Hardtop L60-3-00617 (undergoing restoration)
Red 65 hardtop 4L60-002565 (scrapped for parts)
66 Hardtop "El-Bondo Patrol", L60-00511 (Restored, then sold June2020)
Blue 67 Hardtop (sold March1997)
Green 62 Softtop L60-2-00504 (undergoing restoration)
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:53 am

moore_rb wrote:Interesting.... The door handles say early 66 or older, but the 2 piece wheels say mid-66, or later... :?:

That probably makes it a 66... 8-) (unless that one single front wheel is not original)

You think it's a split rim? I think it looks like a solid 16". :think:

It is a very chronic disease, I agree. :teasing-tease:

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:44 pm

My exclusive and specialized training, courtesy of 60Patrol, has taught me to observe. They are split rims and it raised a bit of a quandary for me as well. Cool huh, I am almost an expert. My vast experience with old cars tells me that the general condition suggests this is a solid runner. I'll bet it has done both Black Bear and Imogene passes, in the day.Ooops, just gave away the secret location. We'll see, in the mean time, keep your eyes open.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:08 am

Ah, another Colorado Patrol. That area of southwest Colorado turns up quite a few Patrols, actually the whole Four Corners area does. And they are usually in pretty good condition without a lot of body rot. Well, in most cases. Rob's '65 came from that area.

Rob is right on the wheels, guess I'm losing my touch. ;)

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby moore_rb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:36 am

RiverPatrol wrote:
Rob is right on the wheels, guess I'm losing my touch. ;)

I put the second picture on my desktop, and zoomed in on that wheel until the pixels were the size of pencil erasers. :ugeek:

Chris - The disease isn't fatal, so you might as well learn to enjoy your sickness... 8-) If this one runs, and if all the numbers match, and if the rust is not too terrible, then it would be a great score for a restoration project especially if you still have the soft top frame from your 67 to go with it...

I know where you could get a reproduction canvas top that is very close to OEM made for it... ;)

If you do go back for the hubcap, Do me a favor and lift those side floor mats, too :D I'm still looking for a pair of those for my 62 8-) - And, be sure to clip a Twenty under the windsheild wiper for me, in order to settle my conscience... :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
White 65 Hardtop L60-3-00617 (undergoing restoration)
Red 65 hardtop 4L60-002565 (scrapped for parts)
66 Hardtop "El-Bondo Patrol", L60-00511 (Restored, then sold June2020)
Blue 67 Hardtop (sold March1997)
Green 62 Softtop L60-2-00504 (undergoing restoration)
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Return to Bull Session