Cross Sectional Study - COVID 19 response

General chatter, gossip, gab, hot air, rap session, etc.

Postby mdawg4x4 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:03 pm

I haven't kept up with all discussed within this thread, but many of my close friends and a few internet friends gained along the way are of the opinion there is more to this COVID 19 issue than meets the eye. There have been too many references to this virus in the years past and it shows up now.

EDITED FOR VOLITILE CONTENT Sorry dawg, it’s best to avoid that drama here. The gun topics were pushing it, this required action.

I concur it is a serious virus, but it is turning out many people have built up immunities, which means the actual exposure rate is way higher than reported, and, as I have seen mentioned, the mortality rates have been over reported. But the economy is clearly in jeopardy, ... EDITED

Y'all delete if you feel need!

OK Conspiracy Theory Rant over,,,,,,,,,for now!
Now then, back to quarantine. I have worked from home for the past 3.5 weeks now. The only time I have even left the house was to gas up my wife's Jeep cause she works at a pharmacy and has to meet everybody face to face every day, to gas up my dad's car, and, for myself, to go to the range every weekend!
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby plateaucal » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:57 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:It sure seems like that.

What's still baffling though is what happened in Italy. Sure, lots of hindsight there, but still much higher numbers. The doctor in the video briefly touches on one aspect, the the flu virus every year typically mutates to something less virulent. Perhaps that's why the numbers here are not as significant.

I think what's happening is a lot of ass covering right now. They realize they f'd up and overreacted so now they can't just turn around and say "Oh, ok let's just get back to normal and pretend like this didn't happen." That's not to say caution isn't necessary though, it will be a while before I am comfortable doing many of the things I used to do.

This might help.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/23/ita ... -as-cause/

https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/05/cov ... -estimate/
plateaucal Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:58 pm

Well, I might have some good news. Just about the time we had all the documents together start generating hand sanitizer from ethanol....our source dried up. Valero, which had a very small line available toward this product had to shut it down because the demand for line had to be re-committed to gasoline production. Further complicating matters the fed gov changed the rules and omitted Valero about a week ago. They thought they would get a waiver but...not yet.

So, we didn't get our chance to help and we are stuff with a production facility with no base alcohol source, but it is good news in a way. I will be seeking alternate sources in the coming week.

Patrolling through the pandemic,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - For Sale (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Hard Top - CCV6
L60Boerne Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:08 pm

I just happened to have about 1/2 gallon left of some 95% grape ethanol in my liquor cabinet. No, I don't drink it, straight anyway. So since I was not on the hoarding train that bought up all the sanitizing wipes i made myself up a spray bottle of a 68% mix with water. Better than Lysol, it doesn't stink.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:26 pm

I like Lysol. It reminds me of the days (actually years) the nuns kept me after school, mopping floors, cleaning chalkboards and desks.

They say that odors retain in your memory longer than anything ( has something to do with the amygdala, and I testified in court on this). Yes, it is science....supposedly. I miss sister Mary, she was a nice nun. Every time I smell Lysol, I think of her...and the bologna sandwich she gave me when I didn't have lunch. The amygdala....
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:25 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:Although I didn't watch the video I saw it come across my feed the other day. It is interesting. Here is part I of the complete interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVxx_ ... e=youtu.be

The natives are getting restless...

Sooo...I'm not suggesting anything by this, but YouTube just took this video down. :think:

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:35 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:
RiverPatrol wrote:Although I didn't watch the video I saw it come across my feed the other day. It is interesting. Here is part I of the complete interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVxx_ ... e=youtu.be

The natives are getting restless...

Sooo...I'm not making any point of this, but YouTube just took this video down. :think:

The message from YouTube: "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines"

Personally, I didn't anything wrong with the video. Terrible...
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby plateaucal » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:21 pm

You still find it you look hard enough. Guess it doesn't fit the "agenda". You know; scare the sh@t out of everyone so they are easier control. It sure is fun watching it all happen before our very eyes.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:46 am

Ok, so I'm pissed about local events and I'm going to vent here a little.

The weather is warming up, high 90's in places. The hospitals are laying people off due to lack of business, they've even removed the pre-screening tents outside the hospital, no COVID overruns anywhere. Small business owners are begging for relief. Residents are going stir crazy. People are overall depressed. The counties start loosening the restrictions a little, cautioning to maintain social distancing but opening up some parks, tennis courts, golf courses. Last weekend was a very warm weekend, people flocked to the beaches in Orange County (where they do not have a mask mandate). People adhered to the social distancing rules, pictures show a lot of people but they are spread out.

Huntington-Beach.jpg

image.jpeg

Well, our Governor got pissed when he saw this. He was angry that people were violating the 'stay at home' order and going out. As of tomorrow he is shutting down all of the beaches in Southern California. Let that sink in for a minute. What is one of the first things that come to mind when you think of Southern California? Beaches. He's pissed that people defied him so he's shutting down an entire culture, an entire demography.

He also extended the lockdown orders in the San Francisco Bay area to continue to at least end of May. My county here just announced current restrictions to continue through at least June 19 (we've had 143 deaths for 2,400,000 people). I actually heard neighbors wailing yesterday when this news hit. People are going to lose it, they can't continue this while there is no evidence that it is critically necessary. This is madness.

And the video that was taken down on Google - because the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (who the hell are they anyway?) 'discredited' the video, although they didn't provide any specific reasons why.

This is all too unbelievable. Too much power in the hands of entities that have no business controlling our lives to this degree. In my time (and I'm old), my parents time, my grandparents time - there has never been anything like this in this country or any other country. China did a hard shut down in Wuhan but even they have opened that back up weeks ago. I am grasping for some rationality here and not finding any.

End rant. :text-freedom:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby L60Boerne » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:01 pm

We are learning our constitutional rights and freedoms can apparently be taken away without a vote. The Mayor or Governor says it...then they unleash the police on any violators to their decrees.......where are we again?

Patrolling with some politicians and over others,
L60Boerne
66 Hard Top - CCV6
L60Boerne Offline

Postby plateaucal » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:20 pm

L60Boerne wrote:We are learning our constitutional rights and freedoms can apparently be taken away without a vote. The Mayor or Governor says it...then they unleash the police on any violators to their decrees.......where are we again?

Patrolling with some politicians and over others,
L60Boerne

The precedence is very bad. Can they use executive order to take guns? Why not? How about they lock you in your own house, like they did in China. This is all very wrong.

The Colorado governor has issued an edict that restricts people from traveling more than 10 miles from their home for recreational purposes. Of course we will ignore that.

I felt like wacking a few fishing lures at my favorite lake recently. Unfortunately it is in Gunnison County (next County over from us). Non-residents can receive a $5000 fine for entry into the County. YET! They are sending all of their patients to our County. So will I go into Gunnison County for fishing as a protest? It needs to be organized but not sure who will do it. This is gonna get real if it continues.
plateaucal Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:08 pm

Plateaucal, No you have got it all wrong. :doh: The government always gives you an out. :liar: You don't have to comply with any of these rules ....because you are wearing a mask and it is illegal to take it off! They will never be able to ID you...go fishing...bank robbing ..whatever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is all very confusing to me....so I go into the grocery store with my wife. We are both wearing masks and gloves. We get seperated. How am I to find my wife again? :think:

Patrolling perplexed,
L60Boerne
66 Hard Top - CCV6
L60Boerne Offline

Postby plateaucal » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:40 pm

L60Boerne wrote:Plateaucal, No you have got it all wrong. :doh: The government always gives you an out. :liar: You don't have to comply with any of these rules ....because you are wearing a mask and it is illegal to take it off! They will never be able to ID you...go fishing...bank robbing ..whatever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is all very confusing to me....so I go into the grocery store with my wife. We are both wearing masks and gloves. We get seperated. How am I to find my wife again? :think:

Patrolling perplexed,
L60Boerne

Well sir, I think we need to keep this solution private.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:07 pm

Something just occurred to me. As long as they keep us in lockdown and continue to declare emergency, the more money they'll get from the Feds. :think:

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:23 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:Something just occurred to me. As long as they keep us in lockdown and continue to declare emergency, the more money they'll get from the Feds. :think:

This is all going according to script.If you accept that, then you must also recognize that the script was written, well before the event.
plateaucal Offline

PreviousNext

Return to Bull Session