Cross Sectional Study - COVID 19 response

General chatter, gossip, gab, hot air, rap session, etc.

Postby ozscott » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:17 pm

Good morning from your on the ground correspondent in Melbourne, Victoria Australia. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and the weather is surprisingly pleasant for a Melbourne winter. I do not feel like I am being hammered or having my rights trodden on, and nor do I feel I am under house arrest. With rights come responsibilities and I feel that I am responsible for looking after my welfare, that of my family and of my friends and neighbours. I understand that this is not always a mutual agreement, but I will do my bit.
Currently our lockdown allows us to leave the home for work, food shopping, care giving and for medical appointments. If you can work from home you should, is the mantra, and many are, and enjoying it if what my neighbours tell me is true. We can also leave the home to excercise within a 5 kilometre radius, and unless you are running or cycling a mask is mandatory. There is a curfew between 8pm and 5am. If you are out during these times you can be stopped and asked to provide documentation as to why you need to be out. A burger run to Maccas is not allowable, and they will deliver anyway. Food delivery up 297% in Melbourne. This documentation can be down loaded and completed quite easily if you have a legitimate reason, work, care giving, medical emergency. So far this seems to have been accepted by our community.
What is not accepted is the high number of deaths in aged care caused by the casualised nature of the workforce who work across several sites. Or those who wish to make a statement by flouting these lockdown regulations to further their on line presence via social media.
I understand from the conversations here that in the US their seems to be little trust of politicians, but when you have a leader who struggles to grasp the gravity of his role, not only internally, but internationally, I can understand your frustrations and dismay, and sincerely worry for the people of the US. His desire to demonise China over this pandemic seems a tad churlish and ideologically driven. Our first major outbreak was caused by people returning from their holiday in Aspen, Colorado who did not self isolate as requested, but we don't hold that against Coloradians. The virus doesn't understand ideologies as far as I know.
Stay safe and be kind to each other.
ozscott Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby moore_rb » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:06 pm

ozscott wrote:I understand from the conversations here that in the US their seems to be little trust of politicians,

Politicians in the US lie... All of them. What sense is there in trusting liars?

ozscott wrote: but when you have a leader who struggles to grasp the gravity of his role, not only internally, but internationally, I can understand your frustrations and dismay, and sincerely worry for the people of the US. His desire to demonise China over this pandemic seems a tad churlish and ideologically driven.

Probably, but there is also the fact that China has not been forthwright, nor forthcoming as a global citizen, in helping the world understand the true nature of this disease agent. Our President may be churlish, but it might also be that he is simply fighting Chinese churlishness, with his own (which I agree is not exactly a prime example of Statesmanship. He could certainly take some lessons from former Deputy PM John Anderson in this regard, for sure...

My greatest concern for the world is not that people are so focused on the American President... My greatest concern is that they are spending SO MUCH time focusing on the American President, that they are ignoring the fact that China is destroying Hong Kong's independence (Singapore is next, followed by Taiwan)

One day China is going to be bold enough to shock the world... a nation does not build a 7-Million strong military without the intention to employ it. Distracting the world by focusing on the Trump-folly is the perfect cover.

ozscott wrote: The virus doesn't understand ideologies as far as I know.

True, but what consideration should be given to the ideology of conducting dangerous laboratory science with disease-causing agents?

ozscott wrote:Stay safe and be kind to each other.

That is sage advice, Mate.
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
White 65 Hardtop L60-3-00617 (undergoing restoration)
Red 65 hardtop 4L60-002565 (scrapped for parts)
66 Hardtop "El-Bondo Patrol", L60-00511 (sold June2020)
Blue 67 Hardtop (sold March1997)
Green 62 Softtop L60-2-00504 (undergoing restoration)
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 pm

ozscott wrote:Good morning from your on the ground correspondent in Melbourne, Victoria Australia. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and the weather is surprisingly pleasant for a Melbourne winter. I do not feel like I am being hammered or having my rights trodden on, and nor do I feel I am under house arrest. With rights come responsibilities and I feel that I am responsible for looking after my welfare, that of my family and of my friends and neighbours. I understand that this is not always a mutual agreement, but I will do my bit.
Currently our lockdown allows us to leave the home for work, food shopping, care giving and for medical appointments. If you can work from home you should, is the mantra, and many are, and enjoying it if what my neighbours tell me is true. We can also leave the home to excercise within a 5 kilometre radius, and unless you are running or cycling a mask is mandatory. There is a curfew between 8pm and 5am. If you are out during these times you can be stopped and asked to provide documentation as to why you need to be out. A burger run to Maccas is not allowable, and they will deliver anyway. Food delivery up 297% in Melbourne. This documentation can be down loaded and completed quite easily if you have a legitimate reason, work, care giving, medical emergency. So far this seems to have been accepted by our community.

This is awesome to have this first person experience, thanks for sharing. Your take and attitude is quite intriguing from an American's standpoint. As mentioned previously, we can only wonder what the reactions are there. Undoubtably when some folks here are having meltdowns over simply wearing a mask or not being able to go to the beach or gym, we view restrictions such as what you're under abominable. Most of us are quite willing to wear the masks, social distance and be responsible, but if they were told they can't go to McDonald's when they have the munchies at midnight, there would be far more riots. Those of us that might have been under a curfew were only subjected to it for a night or two when there were riots or protests that could have led to such. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have it extended.

ozscott wrote:I understand from the conversations here that in the US their seems to be little trust of politicians, but when you have a leader who struggles to grasp the gravity of his role, not only internally, but internationally, I can understand your frustrations and dismay, and sincerely worry for the people of the US.

I grew up with Watergate as a prominent event in my childhood, that resulted in the impeachment of the president. That pretty much set the stage for my distrust of politicians, and they've only continued to fortify that belief on every level of government. And I'm one who has successfully avoided even following politics for the most part until just recently. All of the leaders are to blame, not just one.

Again, thanks for the feedback. It's good to have perspective.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:14 am

ozscott wrote:Our first major outbreak was caused by people returning from their holiday in Aspen, Colorado who did not self isolate as requested, but we don't hold that against Coloradians. The virus doesn't understand ideologies as far as I know.

Good words and thank you for volunteering to be our correspondent from Down Under. I do remember the Aspen incident. The Aussies were the cause of one of our first "outbreaks" here in Colorado. Or at least that is how it plays out in our news.

On the upside, we are so disgusted with politics and lies about Covid that I cannot turn on the TV or click on a single headline. We spend much time reading books and tonight took in the Perseid meteors for several hours. I am accumulating quite a library. Maybe we could start a 60 Patrol book exchange? My favorite subjects are science, religion, history and UFO's. :D
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby ozscott » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:07 am

Thank you all for your kind words. Regardless of where this virus originated, we all need to avoid getting it, spreading it and succumbing to it.
ozscott Offline

Postby plateaucal » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:32 am

There is huge interacting group of organizations, foundations, corporations, etc. with immense wealth and influence that are controlling the response to Covid 19; The "Tides Foundation", The Open Society Foundation, the Gates Foundation, the World Economic Forum,the Global Fund, the DNC and many global corporations and governments to name just a few.

This is all a part of our training for the new world order and has little to do with actual science.
plateaucal Offline

Postby moore_rb » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 am

plateaucal wrote:
This is all a part of our training for the new world order and has little to do with actual science.

It has NOTHING to do with science... Otherwise, they wouldn't be censoring the actual scientists, and the honest doctors.

Here's a question for Scott and you other Aussies... How is the Australian media treating Flinders University Professor Nikolai Petrovsky ? His research is real, and honest science, and he has been HEAVILY funded in the field of "bioterrorism threat" research:

Read this:

https://grantome.com/grant/NIH/U01-AI061142-01

Until I read this article (which is about a monetary research grant that was published in 2005 - FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, I was totally unaware that there was any such thing as a fully described, and documented class of substances called "adjuvants for use in bioterrorism subunit vaccines"

I am beginning to understand that the "magic vaccine" that Bill Gates, Anthony Fauci and the CDC want to bring to the world, actually has nothing to do with treating ANY virus that is already "out" - It has EVERYTHING to do with innoculating people against what they are DEATHLY AFRAID is actually being created in these Bio4 "research" labs.

Unfortunately, as the world continues waking up, we are going to continue realizing that we are not fighting a classic "good versus evil" fight here....

What we are actually fighting is "Good, trapped between two Evils, who are fighting each other, for the right to rule over the Good"

This means Good has to defend itself on two fronts, which is the toughest kind of battle to fight... :ugeek:
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby ozscott » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Good morning from the hot zone!!!
The only thing I can recall seeing on Flinders University Professor Nikolai Petrovsky was mid last year when he took his research on a what seemed like a very effective flu vaccine to the US for further trials as the state government were taking too long in enabling further testing. The media were pretty much extolling the virtues of his research and criticizing the bureaucrats for stymieing the research. I am unaware of where this is all at currently, and he has not been a face of the COVID pandemic in Oz that I have seen. His home state of South Australia has seemed to manage the pandemic very well. SA is sparsely populated which helps, but the people of Adelaide are very friendly though divided by football team allegiance. An Adelaide Crows supporter would never consort with a Port Adelaide Power supporter, so no spread of infection there!!!

I would just add to my comments re the current US President, as I agree with Rob that there is a hell of a lot of focus on his foibles, smoke and mirrors, that does allow other more important stuff to get missed. In the past the US President did speak for the "free world" (even if they didn't like it) and the rest of the "free world" would pretty much align behind him. This was a pretty disparate group, but united, they were a big group, and really did wield some power, even if for most it was symbolic, and Australia and NZ was a perfect example of that. Now, the "free world" leaders are not so sure where the President's allegiance's lie. Putin is a mate? Kim Jong, just a misunderstood guy? Bolsanaro, doing a terrific job? You may not have agreed with Bush (both), Reagan, Carter, Clinton, Obama even Ford & Nixon (did I miss anyone from the last 50 years? Yep, LBJ), but they knew who their allies were on the world stage. Diplomacy is a long hard road, offending someone can be done in a heartbeat and destroy all the diplomatic goodwill established. I don't think the Prez appreciates what he is doing to his real "mates", and when he is gone, the next Prez will have to rebuild all that. And may even have to go cap in hand to China.

China is winning hearts and minds throughout the Pacific with their belts & roads plan, building infrastructure for developing nations, sending work their way, strengthening these economies. Those countries do not see China as a threat but a saviour.

And then there's COVID19..
If I have offended anyone from Adelaide I apologise.
ozscott Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Well said. Candid and provoking, a view from the outside.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Johnny Roadkill » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 am

OI ! Steady on bloke, I'm from Adelaide !

Nah, you're pretty spot on - the Crows vs Power thing doesn't affect me, I wish them both well...but since I cross the paths of supporters from both factions I am a potential cross-infection carrier...

Interesting about Prof. Petrovsky, I drive past Flinders Uni on my daily commute to work and I'm a little surprised his research has had so little airplay. Having worked in the Uni sector I'm aware of the possibility his work may be too controversial for his peers to get behind vocally for fear of their own research being sidelined or defunded...complicated on many levels in a world where academics have to please their industry sponsors to continue their work.

Thanks for chiming in too, as you rightly say we have been fortunate in SA so my perspective may not represent those who have borne the brunt of Australia's COVID response - keep it coming as it evolves, your insight is relevant and well expressed.

Cheers,
D
'71 P510 Wagon - the smile generator.
'74 G60H - strawberry farm patrol.
'78 G60H Ute Cab - the cherry on top.
'80 G61H - the start of things to come.
'93 Pulsar - my daily driver.
'01 Kessner 7x4 - the pack horse.
'07 Challenge Camper - home away from home.
'12 Outlander - the grumpy bunny, her daily driver.
'14 200EXC - a chainsaw with wheels.
Johnny Roadkill Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby moore_rb » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 am

Here's more from Prof. Petrofsky... He is edge-on in the "lab generated" theory.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6158843835001

The west (the US CDC and NIH) and the UN WHO are the organizations who have sponsored and funded his research for almost 20 years, when he was devoting his work to ""adjuvants for use in bioterrorism subunit vaccines"

But now that he's taking an ethical stand against the wet market, cross-species origination lie, these same western organizations are taking the same approach as China: Censor, and discredit.

(I'm actually thrilled that Sky News hasn't pulled this video down yet- Post it to Twitter or Facebook in the US, and it would be GONE in a matter of minutes.)

The only point in the article that is "polished up" is this one:

“One of the possibilities is that an animal host was infected by two coronaviruses at the same time and COVID-19 is the progeny of that interaction between the two viruses.

For a virus that seems "like it was designed to infect humans,” to be a result of a re-combination event between 2 other viruses, the "infected animal host" in the original quote would HAVE to have been a human. There is no historical or theoretical evidence of a viral recombination event ever taking place in a Bat, a monkey, or a lab rat, and having it MAGICALLY create a new virus that is perfectly adapted to human ACE2 receptors- This viewpoint is not my own- I am parroting it from 2 local Doctors I know from the Mayo clinic- one who is an immunologist, the other a virologist; BOTH of whom, BTW, think masks are pointless, and are a political stunt, but both of whom are too cowardly to make their viewpoints public, because they both hate Trump, and neither wants to be seen "siding" with him. So they both wear their masks in blissful compliance, like the good sheep they are.

The thing that I am totally disgusted about with all of this covid crap, is that the entire world would probably come together, and the past 8 months would be totally unwound, if Chine would simply come out and say:

"Yes, our lab suffered a containment protocol breach"; and if the US CDC, NIH, and the WHO all came out and said "Yes, we all over-reacted... go ahead back to work and school, and get on with life...Wear a mask if you must, or don't, but make it your own decision, based on your own personal confidence level, and as an expression of your own individual liberty"

and THEN, these health organizations could FINALLY get to work focusing their efforts on effective tactics for prevention and treatment in the elderly and the immunocompromised high risk groups... Which is what they SHOULD be doing, instead of fear-mongering, and closing down coffee shops...
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby moore_rb » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:45 am

ozscott wrote: the people of Adelaide are very friendly though divided by football team allegiance. An Adelaide Crows supporter would never consort with a Port Adelaide Power supporter, so no spread of infection there!!!

This makes SO MUCH better sense... loyalties and divisions SHOULD be based on football teams, and not political parties or ideals... :) :) :)
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby moore_rb » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 am

ozscott wrote:Our first major outbreak was caused by people returning from their holiday in Aspen, Colorado who did not self isolate as requested, but we don't hold that against Coloradians. .

plateaucal wrote: I do remember the Aspen incident. The Aussies were the cause of one of our first "outbreaks" here in Colorado. Or at least that is how it plays out in our news.

Occam's razor theorizes that the Aussies probably contracted it from someone on the PLANE to, or from, Colorado; and that the news media on both sides of the world, are run by complete morons.
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:51 am

moore_rb wrote:
ozscott wrote: the people of Adelaide are very friendly though divided by football team allegiance. An Adelaide Crows supporter would never consort with a Port Adelaide Power supporter, so no spread of infection there!!!

This makes SO MUCH better sense... loyalties and divisions SHOULD be based on football teams, and not political parties or ideals... :) :) :)

Maybe that is why they cancelled the Big 10 season. You have no idea how important Nebraska football is to us. Once a Cornhusker always a Cornhusker. Devastating. Our mascot is the Nebraska football fan; Harry Husker.

Unfortunately I have had to write off the SEC ever since Nick Saban's pandering to the BLM via a ridiculous video. Oops, I forgot to say American Football, not soccer.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:22 pm

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Bull Session