Cross Sectional Study - COVID 19 response

General chatter, gossip, gab, hot air, rap session, etc.

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Interesting. I've taken hydroxychloroquine/plaquenil for years, stopped taking it about 6 months ago. It is a derivative of quinine. It can also - in very rare cases - cause total blindness. I think I actually have some left in my medicine cabinet. I'm rich!!!
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:06 pm

L60Boerne wrote:...One last point, on January 3rd the WHO (which is dominated by communists) told the world this virus was not contagious and nothing to worry about. It was Tom Cotton from AR that presented evidence to Trump that is was something totally different. Please remember this when he runs for President in five years.

Patrolling for Malaria Pills,
L60Boerne

I hate to disagree with you, but the comment about WHO is totally false. The only thing is that they were a bit late to qualify this as a pandemic.

I personally think that the President has been late in making good decisions on this, and for weeks dismissed it altogether. Terrible. He despises science.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby L60Boerne » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:11 pm

Esteban,

I respect your position and it is likely the truth is in the middle ground.

At this point, in my opinion, the only thing that matters is that a cure is found sooner rather than later.

Patrolling for a cure,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Hard Top - Might be for Sale
L60Boerne Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby plateaucal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:33 pm

As of mid January, the WHO said that "Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China." They called it a pandemic two months later. The Chinese scammed us all including the WHO, it seems. The plot thickens. We have been behind the curve since.
plateaucal Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby plateaucal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:45 pm

BTW, I have found that tonic water and gin is a quite pleasing antidote for mosquito bites as well sundry distractions in life. https://www.amazon.com/Mosquito-Human-H ... 1524743410 Pick up this book if your really want to get into pandemics.
plateaucal Offline

Postby mdawg4x4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:09 pm

L60Boerne wrote:Greetings with GREAT News!

This information is not official but I can offer (offer is not meant to be a confirmation or definitive), from my friends in DC, that 40 patients in the south of France have been cured with the malaria treatment Trump mentioned today.

Furthermore, all six patients in the "test group" here in the states are getting better.

One last point, on January 3rd the WHO (which is dominated by communists) told the world this virus was not contagious and nothing to worry about. It was Tom Cotton from AR that presented evidence to Trump that is was something totally different. Please remember this when he runs for President in five years.

Patrolling for Malaria Pills,
L60Boerne

I read some of this same stuff last night about the results in France. There was another Malaria study elsewhere (don't remember) that was having good responses with COVID 19 patients.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Just checked. Full 90 day supply bottle. I'm rich!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby L60Boerne » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Yahoooo! Don't forget it is a mix with ZPAK.
L60Boerne Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:48 pm

L60Boerne wrote:Yahoooo! Don't forget it is a mix with ZPAK.

I probably have that, too! Or an equivalent. :lol:

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:34 pm

National Guard rolling into town this weekend. For some reason "extra" law enforcement will be present. We got our first case of COVID today. Wife and I checked out immediately for the grocery store. Pretty well cleaned out. But in two days there will be nothing, pretty sure. It's getting weird around here. But with Cali, and NY locked down....don't let cognitive dissonance impede logical functioning. Peak time has not yet happened.
plateaucal Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:59 am

Unusual times for sure. This is just a wake up call.
L60Boerne Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 am

In other areas where National Guard has been brought in it was purported to be for cleanup assistance, not enforcement. As soon as they announced the "Stay at Home" order the stores got hammered and everything was gone. I managed to order a handful of pantry items from Costco that were still in stock at the time. I get bulk Sparkletts water delivered every 2 weeks; last week after the guy left I realized maybe I should have had him leave a couple extra bottles. So I put in for an extra delivery. He came yesterday with the 2 bottles I ordered, but he said they weren't going to let him bring them. He had to convince them to let him bring them, because people are hoarding them as well, ordering 50 bottles at a time. And they're not getting the empties returned to be able to refill. He was unsure if they were considered an 'essential service', but said he'd see me next week.

Strange days indeed, and it's going to get stranger. I've been scrambling to get electricians out to fix the circuit for my landscape lights, I would just feel a little more secure having the place lit up all night. Had to finally knuckle down and solder the integrated LEDs onto the plates for the lamps on the front of the house; I've had the parts for about 3 years - now those work too.

When I've been out and observing the results of the panic buying, I get a sense of foreboding. In the early '90s I used to work for Bekins moving in Los Angeles as a sales person. Our office was in South Central L.A., my territory covered parts of South Central as well including what was referred to as 'The Jungle'. I was in the office when the Rodney King riots started. I got home and watched the news reports all night, things calmed down the next morning so I went in to work. I was getting ready to go out on my calls and left the office at about 11:30. I'm driving up the street of the residential neighborhood that our office bordered and I see a resident carrying a case of sodas. Right behind him is someone else carrying 2 cases of sodas. I look up ahead at the intersection; the light is red, there is a liquor store on the corner, and people are running like mad through the streets and intersection. These are people that I saw every day in the neighbor hood. I've never been so terrified in my life as I was in that moment, because I could see the complete lack of rationality, reason and sanity on their faces, they were literally mad - and not in the 'angry' sense. Right now, I am getting this same sense from people in general, lack of rationality and reason. I'm not very trusting of the general population right now for the irrationality they have been showing. I'm careful and take great precautions against the virus. As things get weirder it's not so much the virus I'm afraid of, it's my fellow man.

A FB friend in Italy reminds us that the problem there is that they didn't take it seriously. The measures our government are taking is to make sure we take it seriously.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 9.12.22 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:56 am

Well said! And what a story, River. The "people factor" is my big concern. I am sure the enhanced security in our area is for crowd control. The National Guard is here to test not as law enforcement. But..is this a harbinger of a lockdown, like it was in San Miguel county? Maybe so. We have six in our house with number 7 due in two weeks. I don't know how much stuff I need. Hopefully we have enough.

We are at the end of the supply chain here in Western Colorado. In 2012 a snow storm shut down the Interstate for 3 days and we watched as the shelves went empty. I noticed!! This is our primary problem. You would be a damn fool to riot or pilfer around here. The gun culture is huge in Montrose. So that wont' happen, I hope, for their sake. But we may be largely cleaned out in a few days. Should have kept my chickens because I haven't seen a real egg in two weeks.

From what I have read, Italy has a disproportionate number of elderly along with fairly dense living conditions; not that is going to make anyone feel better.

So I bought bird food, the doves and deer love it. If you know what I mean. That's well into one of my deep back up plans.

Best of luck. I would send you a gun if I could.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Plateaucal - Yes, your demographics are a bit different. I am suburban, removed from the megalopolis but still a decent sized city. My hunting might consist of a lawn buy or two if the coyotes don't get them first. There is also the duck pond around the corner...

Thank you for the thought of a gun. Yesterday I uncovered the gun chest that was buried in a storage room. I am well stocked in that regard.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby L60Boerne » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Whoooa, just hang on Annie Oakley and Butch,

I am certain these are not realistic eventualities.

We need to use this time productively to see how we can live and work with the new realities at hand.

"Change comes at a price, failure to change comes at a higher price"......S Covey.

We will be better on the other side, not worse.

Patrolling with purpose,
L60Boerne
L60Boerne Offline

PreviousNext

Return to Bull Session