Beijing Motors BJ2020 Coming to Texas

Topics for any and all other vehicles whether you just want to share or if you are in need of advice.

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:18 am

L60Boerne wrote:I was wondering if we could get one of those computers that throttles the cylinders in operation to the duty, maybe with it it would turn off three cylinders when they were not needed. I recall GM had that going for a while in their V8s.

Patrolling with purpose,
L60Boerne

Probably not a good idea. The GM V8s that utilized this only shut down cylinder when at cruising speed, that way you wouldn't notice the loss. Not something that you're going got want to experience at 3 - 5 MPH.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby r1lark » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:09 pm

L60Boerne wrote:Please explain the water setter....what is water setter? L60Boerne

I believe that Jeff meant water wetter. It helps the heat transfer, several manufacturers. Here is the Redline water wetter: https://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-radiator-additives-and-windshield-wash-fluid/radiator-additives-and-flush/red-line-oil-waterwetter-super-coolant/486218_0_0

Good to see some more posts on this interesting little machine! I was thinking about it the other day, that there had not been any posts on it lately.
Paul
r1lark Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby L60Boerne » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Thanks Paul, it has two very good fearures like the Patrol. Both have fold down front windshields and no "tub" above the rocker panel. It is so nice to not have to lift your legs over the 6" of tub above a Jeep rocker panel!

I know where a BJ w/o motor is in Utah if anyone is interested. There is a US parts source in Utah too.

Patrolling in need, as usual,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Hard Top - Might be for Sale
L60Boerne Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby 50car » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Yes I did mean water wetter. I was auto corrected. Not sure on the two stage radiator. Hope you get it figured out.
Jeff
50Car
50car Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:50 am

Jeff & Paul,

I read up on the water wetter goo. Water Wetter to the rescue! I can't want to see how it works. Thank you so much!

I knew, with the experience on this forum, a new approach for my rice boiler would quickly surface.

Thank you very much,
L60Boerne
L60Boerne Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:59 am

Greetings to the best mechanical minds on the Patrol Planet,

Though my issue isn't Patrol based I'm reaching out for your advice. This concerns my purpose built Beijing Jeep.

Recall:

a). The OEM Chinese Motor and Transmission were removed
b). A fully rebuilt Chevy V6 from a mid 91 C1500 truck motor replaced the OEM motor.
- throttle bottle injection

Problem:
After 1 to 2 1/2 hours of smooth operation it acts if fuel is being restricted. However..it always idles perfect..but once it goes into the problem it runs as if fuel is sporadically being squirted into the motor for 1 second squirt of power then back to almost no fuel and you think it is going to die...then another squirt saves it from quitting...but ....as I let off the peddle to an idle condition it triggers a squirt of fuel ..after brief power it settles down to perfect idle.

As I left off the peddle as any pressure on the peddle seems to flood it or restrict fuel flow to a powerless coast condition...then as I let off the peddle it seems to squirt a bit of fuel into the motor for a brief spirt of power. After 1.5 miles of 3 mph limping it dies completely.

Once it cools off completely to cold..it is good to go again for 1-2 hours of normal operation.

Fixes so far with no results from local certified Master Mechanic, whom we really appreciate:

We had some very bad gas so we have cleaned the fuel filters and lines twice, but not pulled the fuel tank off for complete cleaning.

Scott hooked it up to the computer and it registers clear, no problems.

We are out of answers.

Any thoughts?

L60Boerne
L60Boerne Offline

Previous

Return to Other Vehicles