Soft Top Frame and Rear Doors Reproduction

Parts for sale, or free

Postby L60Boerne » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:49 am

Thank you. That is great news. I will get busy on the soft top after paint & body. Now I don't have to spend the money on refurb and paint on the hard top.
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby mad4hws » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:10 pm

My frame didn't have that, but RRodriguezsal made one up for me and sent it along with the other parts. I do think there is some additional modification that needs to be done in the corners, but it seems like it would be something that most body shops could handle with ease. RRodriguezsal has provided me lots of reference pictures as well.
mad4hws Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Postby Flaggoni » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 pm

That's good to know about that top strip. I may consider a softie setup,also. My 68 left Japan as a softie, but like many was dealer-modded to a hardtop before original sale. There is no remnant of a front strip on the windshield top, and I am wondering if it was once attached thru the holes which now secure the hard top front edge. Anybody know?
Mild Bill
Flaggoni Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:06 pm

The factory soft top can only be secured by the channel across the top of the windshield frame.

I'm curious; I have never heard of a dealer in the US converting a soft top to a hard top although it was common in Australia and other countries. What makes you think it was a soft top from the factory?
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flaggoni » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:42 pm

I'm probably wrong about the country of modification. Were they modded to hardtop right after being made?
The bed on mine has all the original holes for mounting
the softie frame. Did they all come that way?
Also, whoever/wherever drilled the holes thru the top bed rail to bolt down the hardtop sides did a terribly sloppy, oversized
job. Very bad day at the factory, perhaps?
My data plate says KL 60, with the 'K' metal-stamped in front of the printed L60.
Anybody clarify some of this for me?
Thanks, Mild Bill
Flaggoni Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:26 am

Flaggoni wrote:I'm probably wrong about the country of modification. Were they modded to hardtop right after being made?
The bed on mine has all the original holes for mounting
the softie frame. Did they all come that way?
Also, whoever/wherever drilled the holes thru the top bed rail to bolt down the hardtop sides did a terribly sloppy, oversized
job. Very bad day at the factory, perhaps?
My data plate says KL 60, with the 'K' metal-stamped in front of the printed L60.
Anybody clarify some of this for me?
Thanks, Mild Bill

The US only got factory hard tops, which were made as hard tops at the factory. It sounds some tried to make yours a soft top after the fact, but it was originally a hard top. The 'K' designates a hard top, but wasn't used in the ID number until '69.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby rrodriguezsal » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:05 am

Hello. Sorry for reply late but I am on a drilling ship on Atlantic sea no too easy the communication.

Most of original hard top keep the profile i front (windshield for canvas). In Colombia most of har tops works removed. We are building this profile, very similar to original. Please see pictures. One windshield is brand new never used, and the other is one our soft top project. The green profile is made for us.

We fasten to windshield making some holes to profile each 6or 7 inches. Remove paint on wincshield and welder with MIG. Then grinder and prepare for paint. Otiginally the profile is fasten using spot welder. I have spot welder machine but almost imposible with windshiels assembled.

Thanks

PS the green profile is installed on white patrol in this post above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rrodriguezsal Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am

Ok, we are getting closer. I have checked. I don't think that either of my mosheeens, 63 & 65 have this strip but Raul has the strip. Now, finding someone up here with expertise to fit it is the next hurddle.

Raul, Can you supply the canvas top as well? Have we found a reliable source for the canvas top up here?

Patrolling today in my 63!
L60 Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:59 am

L60Boerne wrote:Ok, we are getting closer. I have checked. I don't think that either of my mosheeens, 63 & 65 have this strip but Raul has the strip. Now, finding someone up here with expertise to fit it is the next hurddle.

Raul, Can you supply the canvas top as well? Have we found a reliable source for the canvas top up here?

L60 Boerne

I would be surprised if your Patrols didn't have this channel. It isn't something that is removed easily, and all of the early ones had it.

For a like-factory cans top contact moore_rb.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby rrodriguezsal » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:23 am

Hi.

Yes I can. This is made for other person that has a old canvas for measurements, so He does not need test over the car or frame.

I suggest try to find in USA first. If you did not find , I can send from Bogota.

Thanks

L60Boerne wrote:Ok, we are getting closer. I have checked. I don't think that either of my mosheeens, 63 & 65 have this strip but Raul has the strip. Now, finding someone up here with expertise to fit it is the next hurddle.

L60 Boerne
rrodriguezsal Offline

PreviousNext

Return to Parts