Disc Brake Swap Kit!

Parts for sale, or free

Postby yitzac1990 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:08 pm

After designing/building/implementing my own disc brake swap kit for my 1969 Patrol, I got interest from some others to make some more kits. I have made 4-1/2 kits (1 kit with no rotors), and I have 1-1/2 kits for sale here!

What I have ready to go:
1 - kit with machined rotors, laser cut brackets, hardware, instructions - $500 shipped anywhere in lower 48 states
1 - kit with laser cut brackets, hardware, instructions - $130 shipped anywhere in lower 48 states

International people - PM me for different shipping quotes. I prefer NOT to ship a kit with rotors internationally, due to high shipping cost, however we can maybe work something out.

Yes, the rotor cost plus machining is a bit much, but it is what it is. I have to buy the rotors individually, and then have them machined to fit the Patrol. I have attached the instruction sheet so you can see what it requires to make work, before you commit to buy. Please read this in full to make sure you understand what else is needed from you to complete the kit!

PM me for more info!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
World's only Chevy LS powered G60 Patrol

...at least that I know of :D
yitzac1990 Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby mad4hws » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:58 am

super cool. Thank you for sharing. Would an option be to leave the drums on the back and do the disc conversion up front?
mad4hws Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Postby PetrolPatrol » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:51 am

I'd be interested in a front disc conversion as well if feasible. Either way, this price is really good considering what I've seen for my Sprite.
PetrolPatrol Offline

Postby yitzac1990 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:19 pm

With these 2 kits that I have currently, I don't want to break them up. If I get enough interest in front-only kits, I can look into having another batch made. The brackets are custom laser cut, so having more cut at once results in cheaper brackets.

yitzac1990 Offline

Postby 66AzPatrol » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:25 am

These will fit a 66?
I believe my wheels are stock.
Inside the wheel its 13 to 14-1/8” in circumference where the kit goes in?
66AzPatrol Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby 66AzPatrol » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:05 am

Hello
Yes i am in need of replacing brakes. I hope my pictures are viewable for you.
The inside of wheel where the hub and lug nuts meet up is 13” across for caliper and rotor space.
3-1/2” above that it expands across 14-1/8”.
Will your rotors with calipers fit in a 13” area?
I purchased Isuzu rotors and Toyota calipers. They don’t fit. Close but no room. I would need to use spacers over 3” long and lug bolts are to short + safety is a factor.
Thanks!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
66AzPatrol Offline

Postby yitzac1990 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:22 pm

so if you read the instruction sheet in the first post, you'll see that a spacer may be needed. I used a 1" bolt on spacer for my setup. I do not have much info on the wheels that are on my patrol, just that they are 15x6. Using a set of spacers was much cheaper and easier than finding a wheel with a super deep dish that would clear the caliper.

Another Patrol expert may need to chime in, but I do not think the wheels in your pictures are OEM wheels. Based on the tire, they are a 15" wheel (same as mine), so they SHOULD fit, but I cant guarantee it 100%. I do not have hundreds of different wheel styles at my disposal to test fitment.

This kit does utilize Isuzu rotors and Toyota calipers. You can see exact years and part numbers in the instruction sheet as well.

As far as fitting on a 66, you will have to check the differences, if any, between your axles and 69 axles. If i remember correctly, the short wheel base Patrols have a different axle than the medium wheel base. I got pictures from some guy in Columbia I think with a medium wheel base, and I know the rear brackets will not work on that. But his Patrol was also a 69. so its more based on the axles you have, not year.

yitzac1990 Offline

Postby 66AzPatrol » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Dummy me I didn't see the attachment you sent thanks. So I took the part numbers you sent compared to the parts I picked up from Napa and the dimensions are the same. I see the outside edge of hub does need to be trimmed like yours. But the body of the Hub is slightly larger to on mine. Perhaps the 66 has a slightly larger hub body? I will send 2 pictures. Also like you recommended I will have to use spacers to get farther away from Wheel.
66AzPatrol Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:41 pm

Correct, those are not OEM wheels. They look like American wheels which could be any dimension beyond OEM.

The hubs and axles on all US Patrols are the same dimensions, there are no changes. Other countries got other options so they have differences, but all US Patrols are the same unless it was brought in from another country. All the US Patrols are short wheel base.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby yitzac1990 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:52 pm

Thank you for the clarification, riverpatrol!

And on the rotors, they have been specially machined to fit the Patrol hubs. The centers need to be made bigger, and lug holes enlarged as well. In all of my research, there is no rotor that will go on without modification.

yitzac1990 Offline

Next

Return to Parts