MWB G61?

Patrols for sale

Postby skibum315 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Not mine, but one I found in browsing around ... sure do love the proportions a bit more than the SWB G60s that are more "common" to the States.

Anyone know more about this listing? Is it legit? I know how rare these are here in the US ... in fact I've only ever seen the red & blue ones that are here on this forum (in hard-top); I think there might be another grey/green soft-top floating around, as well (I seem to recall it having been listed for sale in a few different places last year-ish ... but at a pretty high price point). (edits) Although I'm sure there likely are more, that's just been the results of my anecdotal observations in browsing around looking at these vintage Patrols over the last several years. (/edits)

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 25175.html

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/ ... 15193.html

Both listings appear to be for the same vehicle, ad copy is below (along with one picture - there are quite a few more at the links), for reference:
The Nissan Patrol's legend was shaped by drivers in some of the world's most inhospitable places. It quickly built its reputation as a tough, reliable and innovative addition to the motoring industry. This real man's truck became iconic, lauded for its tough nature and undying loyalty to those who drove it.

This is one truck that people will stop, turn around and come back to look at it. They have never seen one in their life. I get more reactions from this truck than from my two previous Toyota Land Cruisers - FJ40 and FJ43. One thing I can say for sure is that the build quality and the ride are way better than the Toyota FJ40. The Nissan Patrol was a very expensive truck back when it came out, more expensive than the Toyota.

This particular truck is a very rare long wheel base version that never came to the States, with a 4-speed manual transmission (a lot only came with 3-speed). The manual steering is superb compared to the FJ40; it is very easy to maneuver this truck. The 4x4 works great.

The odometer currently reads 66,000 kms or 41,000 miles, but it probably turned over once, so I woud assume it has 166,000 kms or 103,000 miles. This classic 4x4 starts up with the first turn of the key and purrs like a kitten. The 4.0L inline 6-cylinder engine is smoother and stronger than the competition. This vehicle was legally imported from South America.

I have a clean and clear North Carolina title available for transfer.

Price is $23,999. Serious inquiries only, please. This is a very rare, vintage collector's vehicle which will only increase in value. Please email or call [show contact info] for more information. We don't need help selling or trading the vehicle. Price is negotiable when you come see the vehicle, but not over the phone if you haven't seen it.

skibum315 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm not familiar with the listing per se, but it looks legit. This is indeed a G61, likely from Colombia. I've seen a few nicely restored ones coming into the states, this seems to be another. It looks like it was nicely done. The price is a steal, really.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby SBP78g60 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm

that does look legit, but the owner of this has been posting on g60 facebook pages lately showing it off, with no mention of it being for sale..dosnt mean its not tho
78 mwb softop
SBP78g60 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby Esteban » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Probably member “leidgam” can gives some insights. The aluminum radiator install is the one he posted last week. It does look good!

The Patrol looks great.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby leidgam » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Esteban wrote:Probably member “leidgam” can gives some insights. The aluminum radiator install is the one he posted last week. It does look good!

The Patrol looks great.

Man, I can't slip one past you guys! That's my orange Patrol. Yes, it's for sale. I just didn't want to brag about it on the Facebook forums but if anybody is interested please look for my phone number on the ad :D
leidgam Offline

Postby skibum315 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 pm

It sure presents well in the pictures, thanks for the responses!
skibum315 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Return to Vehicles