Patrol in NM

Patrols for sale

Postby Coyote Patrol » Tue May 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Ive been told about a Patrol that sits outside of Belen next to a farm house. Its on a different subdivision that i dont work. Anyway i think i found it on google earth! I was going to go out there today, but i got called out of Belen early! So maybe next time! Can you see it? Im told its white. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coyote Patrol Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby plateaucal » Tue May 14, 2019 10:05 pm

This is serious hardcore Patrol stuff here. Google Earthing for Patrol treasure.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 am

Yup, that some serious sleuthing right there. Actually, looking at the top picture, that white object seems too small compared to the vehicles that are sitting up by the house. Perhaps the white vehicle sitting next to the orange overseas container? Ot even one of the three vehicles sitting outside the fence along the drive, that blend in with the desert.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby rdarnell » Wed May 15, 2019 9:08 am

be careful... this is how the whole Wild Cherry van saga began... a guy in Illinois heard about the van from some photographer who spotted it and gave a rough idea of it. he then searched the google maps and found what he though was it and hit the road with a truck and trailer. he got there only to find a closed gate on what shows as a county road, a neighbor let him in to the limited access road. up the road somewhere he found the van sitting near the road with a tree on it. Loaded it an went back to Illinois. needless to say the owner was not amused!

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article221769570.html

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos ... -van-found
rdarnell Offline

Postby plateaucal » Wed May 15, 2019 10:40 am

This stuff drives me crazy. I know of a Patrol sitting abandoned in an undisclosed location in Colorado. It has a faded Sheriff's tag on it declaring it abandoned. I have been tempted to go after it. Then there is a local school teacher who approached my son at school (he drives the Patrol to school once in a while). She has an unmolested Patrol sitting in storage since the early seventies. She is the original owner. When approached about it she said it is just too buried in junk to get a good look at. What to do? Somewhere in Cedaredge, CO there is another. I met the owner at a car show when my Patrol was there. I gave him my number. Should have been more aggressive.

Welcome to the life of a car nut. Has the Holy Grail of Patrols ever been found; the Roy Rogers Patrol?
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 am

plateaucal wrote:This stuff drives me crazy. I know of a Patrol sitting abandoned in an undisclosed location in Colorado. It has a faded Sheriff's tag on it declaring it abandoned. I have been tempted to go after it. Then there is a local school teacher who approached my son at school (he drives the Patrol to school once in a while). She has an unmolested Patrol sitting in storage since the early seventies. She is the original owner. When approached about it she said it is just too buried in junk to get a good look at. What to do? Somewhere in Cedaredge, CO there is another. I met the owner at a car show when my Patrol was there. I gave him my number. Should have been more aggressive.

Welcome to the life of a car nut. Has the Holy Grail of Patrols ever been found; the Roy Rogers Patrol?

It has long been rumored that the Four Corners area is loaded with Patrols. They've been turning up there for as long as I have been a fan. You've got a golden opportunity...
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Coyote Patrol » Wed May 15, 2019 11:35 am

RiverPatrol wrote:Yup, that some serious sleuthing right there. Actually, looking at the top picture, that white object seems too small compared to the vehicles that are sitting up by the house. Perhaps the white vehicle sitting next to the orange overseas container? Ot even one of the three vehicles sitting outside the fence along the drive, that blend in with the desert.

I had thought the exact same thing! But look at the fullsize truck right behind it. Compared to it the proportions look right! Those also appear to be old railroad cars next to it, and the slight shadow that the object is casting looks right. Im not looseing hope! LOL
My next trip to Belen, (if its the right time of day) im going to drive over there and check it out! I will snap some pics of whatever it is and post them! Wish me luck! I need more parts for another truck build!!
Thats actually 2 containers sitting side by side. And you are right, that could be a Patrol! I was told it can be seen from the train tracks out in the open. Hhmmm :think: maybe there are 2 Patrols there! :shock:
Coyote Patrol Offline

Postby Coyote Patrol » Wed May 15, 2019 11:50 am

rdarnell wrote:be careful... this is how the whole Wild Cherry van saga began... a guy in Illinois heard about the van from some photographer who spotted it and gave a rough idea of it. he then searched the google maps and found what he though was it and hit the road with a truck and trailer. he got there only to find a closed gate on what shows as a county road, a neighbor let him in to the limited access road. up the road somewhere he found the van sitting near the road with a tree on it. Loaded it an went back to Illinois. needless to say the owner was not amused!

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article221769570.html

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos ... -van-found

I doubt they raise a fuss over an old Patrol like this :twisted: LOL
LOL, if thats it, it looks like there is a fence and gate. I will leave a note asking them to call me if they are interested in selling.
Coyote Patrol Offline

Postby plateaucal » Wed May 15, 2019 11:53 am

Coyote Patrol wrote:
RiverPatrol wrote:Yup, that some serious sleuthing right there. Actually, looking at the top picture, that white object seems too small compared to the vehicles that are sitting up by the house. Perhaps the white vehicle sitting next to the orange overseas container? Ot even one of the three vehicles sitting outside the fence along the drive, that blend in with the desert.

I had thought the exact same thing! But look at the fullsize truck right behind it. Compared to it the proportions look right! Those also appear to be old railroad cars next to it, and the slight shadow that the object is casting looks right. Im not looseing hope! LOL
My next trip to Belen, (if its the right time of day) im going to drive over there and check it out! I will snap some pics of whatever it is and post them! Wish me luck! I need more parts for another truck build!!

Awesome. This could be another fun past time. If I could figure out how to post Google earth photos I could show you the secret Colorado Patrol and one other in Hotchkiss, CO.
plateaucal Offline

Postby Coyote Patrol » Wed May 15, 2019 11:58 am

plateaucal, i would love to see those pics! Dont worry, i wont seek them! :D
I screenshot the google earth pics on my phone and then resized.
Coyote Patrol Offline

Next

Return to Vehicles