63 CA Patrol - "Pumpkin"

New members, tell us about yourself and your Patrol. Don't be shy!

Postby nobueno » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks for all the input on the springs! I will contact the supplier and have the fronts remade. I am just now finishing my brake job, but sadly I snapped two springs in the process. I’m going to try my luck at the local brake shop, but does anyone know where to get a new set? The parts page hasn’t been working for me for a while now. Also I’m slowly removing bolts to get the top off. Are there bolts behind the seats?

-NB
nobueno Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby Esteban » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:36 pm

nobueno wrote:Thanks for all the input on the springs! I will contact the supplier and have the fronts remade. I am just now finishing my brake job, but sadly I snapped two springs in the process. I’m going to try my luck at the local brake shop, but does anyone know where to get a new set? The parts page hasn’t been working for me for a while now. Also I’m slowly removing bolts to get the top off. Are there bolts behind the seats?

-NB
The brake shoes’ springs are not available. Only used one if another member can part with them. Maybe we should ask member Raul Rodriguez (soft top and frame provider) to help us source them in Colombia, and make a group buy. The shoe springs will be locally made. I’m sure they make them over there.

By the way, Rockauto supposedly has spring sets, but they are totally incorrect.

Hope someday else chimes in regarding the bolts for the top.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby nobueno » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:53 pm

I've reached out to anyone I've bought parts from and haven't had any luck. Next stop is the local brake shop to see if there is anything close. If not, am I SOL?
nobueno Offline

Postby plateaucal » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:25 pm

The Carlson catalog show this a the proper front spring kit for a Patrol. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/p/76080556
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby plateaucal » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:28 pm

plateaucal Offline

Postby plateaucal » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:30 pm

plateaucal wrote:https://www.carid.com/carlson/front-drum-brake-hardware-kit-mpn-17200.html?singleid=347311489&url=15607059

Looks like the same one at Rock Auto.
plateaucal Offline

Postby nobueno » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Esteban wrote:The brake shoes’ springs are not available. Only used one if another member can part with them. Maybe we should ask member Raul Rodriguez (soft top and frame provider) to help us source them in Colombia, and make a group buy. The shoe springs will be locally made. I’m sure they make them over there.

By the way, Rockauto supposedly has spring sets, but they are totally incorrect.

Hope someday else chimes in regarding the bolts for the top.

Would you reach out to Raul? I mean, I would order double if it meant getting through this issue. I feel like I don't have too many options. There has to be old stock somewhere, right?

-NB
nobueno Offline

Postby jwgreen » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:50 am

plateaucal wrote:The Carlson catalog show this a the proper front spring kit for a Patrol. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/p/76080556

I believe that this is the set that I purchased and they worked. I have a spare set but it will be a few days till I could get you a part number.
Justin
jwgreen Offline

Postby nobueno » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:06 pm

I looked up the part in the catalog and it says the front springs are 41021 - 30100, 41021 - 35000, 41022 - 30100. There's two part numbers for the black springs and one for the green I believe.

In other news I went to the local brake shop and lucked out. Below is a picture of the springs I found in their leftover box. The hook that goes into the pad is slightly smaller, but when I tried fitting them it seems like it's going to hold just fine. The only bummer is not knowing what they came off of. At least we know theres one replacement out there in the world...

-NB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nobueno Offline

Postby nobueno » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Fun update: UPS lost my front springs after I sent them down to LA... the claim is being processed, but I've been dealing with this since 8/3. Hopefully she'll be back on her own weight soon :roll:

-NB
nobueno Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:32 pm

Bummer. :( I sent a set to TX via UPS, I was actually surprised they all made it.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself!