Considering a project

New members, tell us about yourself and your Patrol. Don't be shy!

Postby Jeffnjm3 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:52 am

Hey all,

I wheel a Nissan Xterra, and have been wanting a project lately. While it doesn't have to be a Nissan, I do like the idea of having a classic Nissan as well! I found this site while I was looking for some info on these cool little trucks, great site you have here! I am considering buying an old Patrol and would love your thoughts. Looks like it has been sitting in a field for a long time, doesn't, run, move, etc. But it looks to be exceptionally solid. The owner tells me the rust you can see on the frame is just surface rust, you can get a better look in the engine pic of the frame. I don't think I'll use any of the drivetrain. I have lots of ideas for engines and diffs in my head from VW tdi to Titan VK56, Toyota axles to d44/9in early bronco axles. But back on point. They are asking $1800 for it, and it's 14 hours away. I have a friend with a truck and trailer, but it's still adds some expense. What do you all think? It's got some homemade halfcab on it as well, I think would just want a cage and a soft top.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 275265785/
Jeffnjm3 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:44 am

Welcome to 60Patrol! :text-welcomewave: We're glad to have you! :D Sounds like you've got an ambitious project planned, that Patrol is probably a worthy candidate for a project like that. Although for the condition it's in he's asking too much. Here is a similar project that yitzac1990 is doing, check out his progress here: https://www.60patrol.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5423.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jeffnjm3 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks RiverPatrol! Yeah, that's what i think too, way too much, what do you think it's worth? Being from NJ, what's really drawing me to it is the lack of body rust(well what i can see). Plus all the added cost of getting it, however adventures are worth something too!

And yeah i saw his build thread, very inspiring!
Jeffnjm3 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:07 pm

It is surprisingly rot-free for any part of the country. I'm pretty sure it's a very low mileage vehicle, several clues indicate that. It also isn't a '69, more likely a '66, possibly a '67 although it might be titled as a '69 if it sold in that year. And, it was originally a soft top. But for the condition it's in he'll be lucky to get north of $1000 for it, well below that is what's reasonable.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jeffnjm3 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:08 am

Thanks, as much as I know its a $500 truck, I know it will take more to get it from him, plus then there is the cost of physically getting it, I have a willing friend with a trailer, but that's still going to cost at least $500 in its own. In the end, what I want most, the body, is in pretty good shape, so we will see. Im in no rush, and its not going anywhere. I did just have the opportunity to pick up a supercharged 1st Gen Xterra for pretty cheap, would be pretty cool to use all of the drive train from that in a Patrol, keep it mostly Nissan that way
Jeffnjm3 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Return to Introduce Yourself!