USA Patrol Registry

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun May 17, 2020 8:54 am

krc65tan wrote:https://photos.app.goo.gl/DJg3t9GMesw7v5rE6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wMZaE7EzwFM834Pw5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iKfqwDJ8bK1JW6G99
Verification links. It is a matching #'s truck. I painted the frame so the last # is barely legible. I hope this works for you River Patrol. I still haven't figured out how to reduce pic sizes yet. Suggestions?

Thanks for the pics, this is perfect! And this is a prime example of why I like to get pictures of the numbers: your ID plate shows a 'D' at the end of the ID number, this wasn't included in previous information. I have no idea what the letter designation means, I haven't been able to collect enough data to analyze, but it's something to add to the Registry entry that wasn't there before.

As for reducing your pics, I don't know what devices you're using so I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you what to do. I use an iPhone and adding pics in Safari is never an issue. If I'm using my PC the easiest thing for me is to send the pics in email from my phone and the email give me the option of what size to send the pics, so I choose medium or large and that's always fine. I receive the email on the PC and the pictures are automatically reduced. There are many other ways, it just depends on what technology you're using.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Sun May 17, 2020 9:31 am

RiverPatrol wrote:Thanks for the pics, this is perfect! And this is a prime example of why I like to get pictures of the numbers: your ID plate shows a 'D' at the end of the ID number, this wasn't included in previous information. I have no idea what the letter designation means, I haven't been able to collect enough data to analyze, but it's something to add to the Registry entry that wasn't there before.

The picture at the chassis itself doesn't show the letter D that you're mentioning. Only the ID plate, and in an odd placement. I'm sure it was a mistake or bad operator issue during the stamping of the numbers.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun May 17, 2020 9:59 am

Esteban wrote:
RiverPatrol wrote:Thanks for the pics, this is perfect! And this is a prime example of why I like to get pictures of the numbers: your ID plate shows a 'D' at the end of the ID number, this wasn't included in previous information. I have no idea what the letter designation means, I haven't been able to collect enough data to analyze, but it's something to add to the Registry entry that wasn't there before.

The picture at the chassis itself doesn't show the letter D that you're mentioning. Only the ID plate, and in an odd placement. I'm sure it was a mistake or bad operator issue during the stamping of the numbers.

That is the only place the letter ever shows up, on the ID plate. Maybe once I've seen it on the frame. I've seen it happen enough to know it's not an anomaly. It has only shown up on very early Patrols, '65 and earlier. Again, this is why I like to have pictures, because they show what's really there.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby krc65tan » Sun May 17, 2020 10:16 am

Nothing new for you guys, I'm sure, but transferring the title in my name then trying to insure it was a lot of fun. That 'D' isn't on the title and noone has a listing for Nissan Patrol. Good times!
I own a Nissan Jeep, according to the state of Arizona.
krc65tan Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun May 17, 2020 10:21 am

I know those good times. Because the previous title listed them as a 'Datsun' Patrol it made it troublesome.

Esteban - here are just a few that I've found in my stash that have letters on the ID plate. Some are obviously clear enough to know it's not a mistake.

moore%20rb%2062%20softie%20VIN%20plt.jpg

monrovia%20picapart%20Patrol.jpg

Kardoc0%2065%20VIN%20tag.jpg

bosque%201965%20ht%20VIN%20plate.jpg

3vin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Sun May 17, 2020 12:26 pm

Wow!

Thanks Leslie! You do have the Patrol bible...
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Postby CBlake » Tue May 19, 2020 10:21 am

Hi Leslie-

I have some pictures and numbers for you... finally. Sorry.

1968 Patrol - Going to finish scrapping this soon. It was wrecked and totaled.

1967 Patrol - Going to scrapper soon. Purchased without the engine.

1964 Patrol - Modified with Ford 289, Danas, C4 Automatic, etc. The engine mounts are directly over the chassis numbers. The tag number is a little tough to read, but it's L60-3-02672 C
Located in central Missouri
1966 Hardtop
1964 very modified Hardtop
1967 Parts
1968 Parts
1962 Softy - SOLD
CBlake Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue May 19, 2020 11:11 am

Thank you! :dance: :clap: