Forum Features

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby mdawg4x4 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:00 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:Okay so I just got nailed by the Photobucket account upgrade monster, my sig pick got hit. So I just moved the file to my gallery here. Sad that we had relied on Photobucket for so many years and now it is no longer a viable solution. :(

I agree. I am going to give it a little time and if they don't revert back from all the PB users, I'll delete my pics and close my account.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby mdawg4x4 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:30 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:Okay so I just got nailed by the Photobucket account upgrade monster, my sig pick got hit. So I just moved the file to my gallery here. Sad that we had relied on Photobucket for so many years and now it is no longer a viable solution. :(

Never mind. I went ahead and deleted all pictures and videos I had stored on PB since 2007 and deleted my account during lunch today 1 album at a time. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore. I need to create a photo album for my Patrols here anyway.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:16 am

Esteban wrote:Since the forum started, I've tried to post directly as was suggested. But I'm sure that there are missing pictures from me in some threads. If anybody finds them, please let me know and I will try to correct or recreate the picture.

Your sig pic is missing. ;)

mdawg4x4 wrote:I am going to give it a little time and if they don't revert back from all the PB users, I'll delete my pics and close my account.

I'm thinking the same thing. The trouble is trying to find the posts linking to the pics to edit the link. :roll: It's possible that they are gearing up to avoid a Net Neutrality hit. Storage is obviously cheap, but their bandwidth takes a big hit with all of the linked photos. It's interesting to note that only their most expensive account allows 3rd party linking. :think:
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks Leslie.

When I was posting my comment my signature picture was still showing...

Will update it on Monday.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby jawapro » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:19 am

Not sure if this is the best place to mention this or not - but I assume the admins are aware of the issues on this website? If I browse to the 60patrol.com URL I get redirected to some other website (sunsetregistered.art) which attempts to load an email Calendar on my phone. I can bypass this by using 60patrol.com/forum to come straight here - but it's not ideal.

If I try and go to the parts page (https://parts.60patrol.com/) I get a security warning that's so severe that Chrome won't give me the option to bypass it.

I'd like to be able to suggest people check out this site as it's a really good resource - but it's in a pretty poor state at the moment. It still seems to have a good user base though - so I don't know how much of it is just related to my end.

Are these issues affecting anyone else? If so, do the admins want any help with the hosting side of things?
jawapro Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Thanks for the concern. The compatible parts page has been becoming more of an issue as browsers become more secure, we're aware of it and contemplating the best solution. As for the redirect I'll look into it, I've never had the issue. I think most folks go straight to the forum page since the home page requires an additional click to get to the forum.

EDIT: It does appear that the Wordpress home page has been hacked. All it is doing is causing a redirect, it's not launching any virus or anything. The forum is untouched and secure. The temporary workaround is that the 60patrol.com URL will now go straight to the forum instead of the home page, so no one should experience the issue any longer. You will probably need to clear the cache in your browser so it doesn't automatically launch the home page any longer.

And the compatible parts list has been temporarily fixed.

And I do have to add that I don't appreciate the insinuations presented in the above message. I have been diligent about keeping the site clean, jumping through hoops to keep spammers out and addressing any cleanup necessary if one happens to get past the barriers. I've covered the expenses of hosting, software and domain registration for years on my own dime and have not asked for anything from anybody other than to remain cordial on the site. Until you know what goes on behind the scenes please don't disparage what you think is lacking. A message to me or any other site admin would have been perfectly sufficient.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby jawapro » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:33 am

Sorry - no offense intended. My offer to help was genuine.
jawapro Offline

Postby r1lark » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:54 am

I've noticed that every time I visit 60Patrol lately, I have to log in again, even when I check the 'keep me logged in' box. Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?
Paul
r1lark Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:58 pm

Make sure that whatever shortcut or icon you are using to get to the forum points to 'HTTPS' instead of just HTTP. It's supposed to automatically redirect but sometimes it doesn't. The first one is the secure site and won't make you log in every time.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby r1lark » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:30 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:Make sure that whatever shortcut or icon you are using to get to the forum points to 'HTTPS' instead of just HTTP. It's supposed to automatically redirect but sometimes it doesn't. The first one is the secure site and won't make you log in every time.

Thanks River, I changed the shortcut to include HTTPS and it seems to be back to normal, will try it for a few days.
Paul
r1lark Offline

Previous

Return to General Topics