Forum Features

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

You might have noticed changes in the forum lately. We have been adding features we thought you might like. More may be yet to come; keep a look out!

Pictures: The Gallery has been added, so you can create your own Photo Gallery right here in the forum. No need to use Photobucket or similar sites any longer. You can link to your pictures in posts just like you used to do with Photobucket. You can create your own album in your User Control Panel. You can access the Gallery via the 'Gallery' link on the upper right link menu. It will have an icon next to it as soon as I can find the little bugger.

Rating Pictures: While viewing pictures in the Gallery you can leave a comment or a rating for the picture. There is also a photo contest feature that we may enable also.

Pictures and Docs in Posts: We have configured the board to allow you to include Attachments within your posts. This means you can upload pictures and documents right into your post message, rather than linking with a URL. This will prevent the problem of dead links or missing pictures in the future.

Logo and Backgrounds: We have the capability to apply different backgrounds and logos to various pages. We can also change them as desired. So, if you have a suggestion for a logo or background image just let us know and we'll find a place for it as long as it is appropriate. Keep in mind the logo needs to be sized so it won't interfere with the menus.

"Thanks!" for Post: Recently added is that ability to give a particularly helpful or informative post 'Thanks' or 'Thumbs Up'. When reading a post look in the right corner of the message, there is a 'Thumbs Up' icon. If you especially like the post, click the icon and thank the poster for it!

Colors and Styles: If you would like to have a different color scheme, you can change you default forum style yourself. In your User Control Panel go to Board Preferences and select from the choices in the 'Styles' drop down box.

TapaTalk Tapatalk has been installed for the forum now. Tapatalk is a smartphone app for accessing forums. It makes it easier to read posts and reply to posts from a smartphone rather than using the browser.

Stay tuned for more features! There are plans to resurrect the USA Patrol Registry and re-introduce the International Patrol Registry. We are starting to collect documents, so watch the document library grow with time.

We value your opinion! Let us know what you'd like to see, or if it's great just the way it is.

:techie-computer:

jpg (24).jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admin Offline

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bosque » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Hello all,
:clap: I really got to give a thumbs up for the random photos bar at the top. Engaging! :clap:
bosque Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby Swerve » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm

bosque wrote:Hello all,
:clap: I really got to give a thumbs up for the random photos bar at the top. Engaging! :clap:

Agreed, like YouTube how you end up somewhere 180 degrees from what you were after
Swerve Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby miller » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Swerve wrote:

Agreed, like YouTube how you end up somewhere 180 degrees from what you were after

haha yep and before you know a hour has passed and the dog still hasnt been fed!
1964 MWB Soft top Patrol - 1972 MWB Soft top Patrol "Diablo" - 1977 MWB V8 "Mr Muck" - 1978 G60 Patrol Ute "HP"
miller Offline

Postby bosque » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:01 pm

miller wrote:
Swerve wrote:

haha yep and before you know a hour has passed and the dog still hasnt been fed!

Huuhhhh! Oh shheeeets...thanks for reminding me dude :!:
bosque Offline

Postby jawapro » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm

I've finally signed up here on a hunch - and sure enough - you can change the forum theme in the Control Panel to get rid of the ghastly green theme.

Not meaning to offend anyone - but the default green theme is actually painfull for me to look at. Not sure how everyone else finds it - but for me it was a major turn-off on joining this site.
jawapro Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby jawapro » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:42 am

Sorry for the double posting - I didn't realise this required moderator approval and thought it hadn't worked the first time.

Is the moderation thing based on number of posts etc - or does every post require approval?
jawapro Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:19 am

jawapro wrote:Sorry for the double posting - I didn't realise this required moderator approval and thought it hadn't worked the first time.

Is the moderation thing based on number of posts etc - or does every post require approval?

The number of first posts requiring approval is set to 3: I think you're past that now so post away! :dance:

I'm glad you found a forum color theme that you could work with. We haven't had any real complaints about the default theme, but everyone is different and we try to accommodate. :)

And welcome to 60Patrol.com! We're thrilled that you found your way here. Feel free to create your won photo albums in the Gallery, peruse the Archives, download literature and just make yourself at home! :text-welcomewave:
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby jawapro » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Cool - if it was a permament thing, it'd be very restrictive.
jawapro Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 pm

jawapro wrote:Cool - if it was a permament thing, it'd be very restrictive.

And a PITA for the Mods. :roll:
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to General Topics