What have you done to your 60 Series Patrol this week....

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby miller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:07 am

Ok so I know we dont always get a chance to spend countless hours on our Patrols in our spare time but I would like to hear/see what you have been up to. It dosnt matter how big or small the job post it up to let us know your still involved. Maybe you went out wheeling with the family? Maybe you changed that blown indicator globe or maybe you tore the whole thing down to the chassis rails??

I'll kick off.. today I drove the '72 out of the garage in anticipation for the tow truck to collect and take it to the exhaust shop. Unfortunatly he didnt show up, so I figured I might as well take a picture. I think its the first photo of my '72 with the canvas top and new paint job out of the garage!

1964 MWB Soft top Patrol - 1972 MWB Soft top Patrol "Diablo" - 1977 MWB V8 "Mr Muck" - 1978 G60 Patrol Ute "HP"
miller Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby mr muck » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 am

looking good miller :clap:more pictures required,engine bay,interior,etc,
mr muck Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby limited slip » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 am

i flushed the whole cooling system on hermit. pulled the thermostat out and tested it to discover that it was not opening at all. its a new one i put in 2 weeks ago, worked for a week then she gradually started getting hot under the collar again. so i cut the center of it out and re installed the outer center-less flange that was left just to keep a little restriction in the thermostat area. then i went for a test drive to see if she got hot still. nope, she now sits around the 170-180F mark, which my Celsius gauge tells me (when it chooses to work- bad earth) is 65-75 degrees or so. much better than the 190-200deg f (90-95deg) temps it was running before, though she was OK on a cooler day, getting into the hotter part of summer i was beginning to worry about the hot days and not looking forwards to watching the temp gauge more than the road. now i can simply enjoy the drive as i head off for a few days away after Chrissy....
prior to this i replaced the radiator with a bigger more efficient rad from a ford falcon, modified and fitted a 4 blade direct drive fan to the motor in place of the electric thermo fan, and i shifted the thermo fan to the front of the rad. not as efficient as pulling from behind the rad but the mechanical fan is now doing most of the work- thermo fan keeps the status quo when slowly rumbling around in or at traffic lights .

cheers
like a gee six
limited slip Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby MadTripper » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 am

I looked at mine out in the yard and cried.
MadTripper Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am

I pulled the cover back over the green softie where the wind had blown it off. I cleared the drain hole in the tub of the other softie so the rain water could drain.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby bosque » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Dang that Patrol is nice, with a nice stance.
Reminds me that I need to some work on my Patrols, thanks. :evil: :oops: :cry:
bosque Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby mr muck » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:02 am

no work this week,but in recent weeks i got a couple of jobs crossed off the list,first was the pto winch,winch has never worked as i could not get the shafts past the v8's starter + exhaust,took the 60 to the shop + had the exhaust re-run,then cut + shut the shafts to the required length,next was to fit my arb deluxe v bar,found this attached to alandcruiser tray back up the local scrap metal yard,swapped the bar for a slab of vic :D had to cut a couple of rust spots out,a coat of paint + it looks a million bucks,will put up some pics later
mr muck Offline

Postby limited slip » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:25 pm

mr muck wrote:no work this week,but in recent weeks i got a couple of jobs crossed off the list,first was the pto winch,winch has never worked as i could not get the shafts past the v8's starter + exhaust,took the 60 to the shop + had the exhaust re-run,then cut + shut the shafts to the required length,next was to fit my arb deluxe v bar,found this attached to alandcruiser tray back up the local scrap metal yard,swapped the bar for a slab of vic :D had to cut a couple of rust spots out,a coat of paint + it looks a million bucks,will put up some pics later

love the bar. exactly the same as the one my old mans mwb used to have. though i wasnt aware they were made by arb :clap:
definitely suits her too a tee!!!
like a gee six
limited slip Offline

Postby G60michael » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:41 pm

thats a tough looking G60 muck, i have the exact same Bullbar aswell, there a solid bar,ploughed hed first into a Gum Tree,didnt even bend of buckle anything
G60michael Offline

Postby miller » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Well ive been away on holidays so no work done on the 60 for a while. Heading out today to pickup diff and gearbox oils. I have also booked in to have my exhaust done this thursday so fingers crossed it happens this time.
1964 MWB Soft top Patrol - 1972 MWB Soft top Patrol "Diablo" - 1977 MWB V8 "Mr Muck" - 1978 G60 Patrol Ute "HP"
miller Offline

Next

Return to General Topics