'67 KL60 Desert Rescue

Rust or bling, we want to see it!

Postby nomad13 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:00 pm

So here's my little desert rescue. I picked it up from a local who had obviously had it for several years. He picked it up from one of the CA mining companies who had been using it for a parts runner or something. I believe a seized water pump originally sidelined it when they couldn't readily find a replacement. A call to Kellogg easily remedied that. It is missing the radiator so that's an item that still needs to be sourced or retrofitted. Other than some pretty serious rust in the hard top drip rail the rest is amazingly complete other than a bunch of missing glass. I've already sourced most of the body rubber and glass seals, had all the rubber and hard brake lines replaced, replaced rear wheel cylinders, in the process of retrofitting a Wilwood dual res m/c, rebuilt the orig carb and fuel pump, have replacement glass coming and upgraded the tires and wheels a bit. Seats are at the upholstery shop but supposed to be getting those back next week. Still needs lots of tlc and some cosmetic touch ups but should be back on the trail before too long. My son and I can't wait for our first ride.
IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

IMG_6631.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nomad13 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri May 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Great looking project, lots of potential. Nice score! You should have that on the road in no time. Thanks for sharing! :D
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Fri May 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Congratulations. It looks great!

Regarding an alternative for the radiator, please take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=27282#p27282
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!