65 patrol

Rust or bling, we want to see it!

Postby 65nvpatrol » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Bought this 65 Patrol 2 months ago as it sits in the picture. I never seen one in person until I bought this one and it was down the road a mile away in a metal building car graveyard .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
65nvpatrol Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Welcome to 60Patrol! :text-welcomeconfetti: Very nice find, looks like it's pretty solid. Keep us posted with your progress getting it going!
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby 65nvpatrol » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:01 pm

River patrol ,
Thank you and estaban for the part numbers list it has helped me greatly!! I’ve been going through my Patrol and got the motor to run . The motor has decent compression and sounds strong but had a ticking sound which I thought it was a lifter but ended up being a bent push rod. When I spin the push rod around the noise goes away. I took off the side plate and you can see it bent. I’m not sure if the valve is bent but I’m trying to just replace the one push rod to see what happens ( I’m wishing) . I can’t find a push rod for this P motor anywhere. I’ve called Nissan and they have discontinued the part . I’ve reached out to a few people with no results. I bought a push rod for a P-40 motor and it was to short . I want to keep it as original as possible . The motor looks all stock with the original oil air cleaner and generator and fuel pump with the primer lever which works . The gas tank was toast. Could you possibly know anyone or anywhere I could get a push rod ? I would buy the whole set if need be . Amayama in Japan doesn’t have it either . I’m stuck.
65nvpatrol Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Have you tried MotorPower Inc? http://motorpower.net/pricing/p40.html . If not, I might have some dusty rusty ones someplace.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby 65nvpatrol » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:24 pm

I haven’t tried motorpower inc. but I will and thank you. I will let you know what happens.
65nvpatrol Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby Volkmann77 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:35 am

:clap: Nice rig! I have a 1964 that I haven't made much progress on except a ton of new parts purchased. :oops:
Volkmann77 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Return to Show us Your Patrol!