Cheri pics

Rust or bling, we want to see it!

Postby Jbrag1010 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Hello All

I've managed to get some better pics of our recently purchased '69. She sat at minimum 6 plus years out in the middle of a field and to our amazement on the third try with a little help from my uncle Tony and a can she fired up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jbrag1010 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby L60Boerne » Sat May 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Good for you.
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat May 23, 2020 5:55 pm

It's a project but you're off to a good start. Check your messages, I sent you a tip. One of my favorite things to hear is how easily these beasts start after they've sat for years neglected. Hearing that throaty growl is what fuels the drive to get it on the road again.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jbrag1010 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:41 am

I'm back to putting some attention into our Cheri which is this 1969 Patrol pictured, been parked at a shop here in So Cal. since December 2020 with little to nothing being done due to the rona plandemic occurring shortly thereafter. Some work has been done such as cleaning the fuel tank inside. She runs and sounds great but needs both the front and rear differentials. Before I move forward with anything else related to getting her in shape, I need diffs. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacing with alternate solutions and/or know where I might find replacements?
Jbrag1010 Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed May 25, 2022 7:28 pm

First question is why does it need both diffs? That's highly unusual, and from your pictures it sure looks like it rolls ok. Maybe they need something that your mechanic is having trouble finding so he's recommending replacing the with something he can find parts for? Or...?

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jbrag1010 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:03 pm

I'm obviously not pursuing this like I should be but have a business to run thus this Patrol has been on back burner so my apologies for the delay. This is a pic of the front diff innards and I'm told both front and rear diffs were bone dry. This is the reason the mechanic is recommending both the front and rear axles drives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jbrag1010 Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:33 pm

Um, other than the housing I don't think that even looks like a Patrol differential. Esteban? :think:

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jbrag1010 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:11 pm

Oh God Help Me :D Thank you for the response RiverPatrol. I Don’t understand Esteban?. Educate me...... What I know about this Patrol you could write on the head of a pin or nothing. By your response I’m getting you aren’t sure, I mean no disrespect as that was my perception of your message. I know nothing about these Patrol’s like I said earlier, I’m simply looking for some differentials or to learn something that will help get me possibly to my end goal ——->>>> Getting ”Cheri” back on the road.

Note: The guys working on it knew less than I before I brought it to them :shock: Yes, I learned something..........
Jbrag1010 Offline

Postby Jbrag1010 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:17 pm

Gotta ask, can you clarify your stating it looks like a Patrol housing but you don’t think it’s a Patrol differential?
Jbrag1010 Offline

Postby rickheiserman » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:49 pm

Hello Jbrag,

I have a 1969 Patrol. I am not a car guy at all, and have learned a lot on this site. I got lucky here in the Nashville, TN area to find a mechanic that was somewhat familiar to the Nissan Patrol and willing to try to get it running. (It is now, thanks to this site). With that said, my mechanic still often had to rely on me to source new parts, or alternatives. I got all of that information here .

When RiverPatrol (who runs this site and is invaluable with information and experience) suggested "Esteban?", the reference was to maybe the only person on this site that ~may~ have as much wisdom and ability to guide you as River does. That's not to say there aren't MANY others here that have so much information, (there are a ton of informative members here...Keith, L60Bourne....many more) but you questioned River on the meaning of her reply with "Esteban?" and I wanted to let you know that "Esteban" is a member of this group and a valuable source of information as you progress on your journey to get your Patrol back to the condition you desire. So when she said "Esteban?" she was offering you assistance by getting him in on the conversation and to weigh in on your housing/differential issue.

All the best on your journey. My suggestions: Start reading threads on here. Many are informative, a fair amount are entertaining, some are downright hilarious. BUT< the ones that tend to get the most feedback include photos.....progress pics...we all love seeing other Patrols......at the end of the day, there aren't all that many around, especially in the States. So we all love to see photos from all angles and view points.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on your progress!
rickheiserman Offline

Next

Return to Show us Your Patrol!