RON JRs NISSAN PATROL CREW CAB UTE

Builds, refurbishments, restorations, upgrades

Postby Coyote Patrol » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Ok please don't laugh at my drawing skills :hand: :shhh: :lol: here in the next few weeks me and my son are going to start building his UTE. I have not decided yet wether we are going to build a standard cab or the crew cab, im leaning towards the crew myself. Please give me your honest opinion. Here is what we have planned. We are starting with a 1994 Jeep CJ chassis 4.0L straight six. We will be lengthening the chassis quite a bit. Im going to use the 69 doors ( i think the door latch assemblies are much safer) and base the rest off an earlier Patrol, i like the round turn signals. We will be scratch building the bed and tailgate, other than the bed floor. We will be using the bed floor from a donor Nissan pick up we salvaged from the wrecking yard. The cab from the rear of the front doors to the rear of the cab will be scratch built other than the rear doors, i just have to fabricate new window frames on those. Roof will also be scratch built. Im also thinking of installing a complete roll cage and building the cab so the hard top will be removable? Im going to incorporate the Jeep gauges into the Patrol dash some how. Original front bench, rear we will fabricate a solid bench. It will have AC, Power steering, Power door locks, maybe Power windows. We will use the Jeep column and try to install the Patrol steering wheel. We will use all the Jeep brake equipment (booster, master cyl,etc.) 4" lift kit, 33" BFG mud terrains on alloy wheels. WARN powerplant up front. When all the body work is complete we hope to wrap it in AP camo vinyl wrap, we will see. I threw this drawing together to get an idea what a crew cab would look like. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coyote Patrol Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby faux40 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:06 pm

That will be awesome! I wish I wasn't so far... I'd love to pitch in!

I was telling my lovely wife not so long ago that it would be cool to make a long bed with two rear axles...

John
faux40 Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Coyote Patrol » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:09 pm

faux40 wrote:That will be awesome! I wish I wasn't so far... I'd love to pitch in!

I was telling my lovely wife not so long ago that it would be cool to make a long bed with two rear axles...

John

There was a pic floating around here somewhere of a Patrol with dual axles.
Coyote Patrol Offline

Postby Esteban » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:37 am

The concept drawing is awesome since it shows the right proportions, and conveys your idea.

This will certainly be a buildup that we'll be watching. I'm eager for the next installment already.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:00 am

Sounds like it will be a real beast. This will definitely be a build to watch. 8-)
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby G60michael » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Love the Idea Ron, il be a keen follower. I like the idea of an original tub back tray for it, but where the heck are you going to find one of those.

Over here in Australia, down in Tasmania there is a Dual cab G60 Ute, with a camper setup on the back, i like your idea though original tub body :)
G60michael Offline

Postby Coyote Patrol » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 pm

G60michael wrote:Love the Idea Ron, il be a keen follower. I like the idea of an original tub back tray for it, but where the heck are you going to find one of those.

Over here in Australia, down in Tasmania there is a Dual cab G60 Ute, with a camper setup on the back, i like your idea though original tub body :)

I will scratch build the tub. :)
Coyote Patrol Offline

Postby G60michael » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:46 pm

If it were me I would use 60 Series Patrol chassis and weld them together to make correct length. I would use All Patrol Panels, you really need a couple of ute cabs then use factory steel roofs to make the new Crew ute Roof. Get a G60 Tub tray ect.

Rebuild a 60 series Patrol 4L engine, bore it out ect.
G60michael Offline

Postby Coyote Patrol » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks for the input Michael, this is for my son. He will probably be using this vehicle for college. He really likes the looks of the Patrol, but i want him to have a vehicle thats decent on gas and dependable to drive out of town on long trips. His grandfather gave him a Jeep to use for the chassis. It is fuel injected and has a pretty good drivetrain. So we will have the Patrol looks and a fuel injected motor in front of a 5 speed tranny along with power disk brakes AC and a chassis that you can get parts for easily. Thats why im taking this route. For the tub, the UTE tubs just aren't available over here. Thats why im taking this route. :D
Coyote Patrol Offline

Postby faux40 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Will be be registered as a vintage Patrol or a modern Jeep? Or, is that a silly question?

John
faux40 Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Projects