L60Boerne's Santa's Sleigh

Builds, refurbishments, restorations, upgrades

Postby Edgar » Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Very sorry to hear about your mother's home. Here's to a speedy recovery for all.
Edgar Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby L60Boerne » Fri May 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Patrol friends,

God works in many ways and always in the favor of His followers. He has blessed my Mom through this experience in many wonderful ways.

Now we got her squared away at 5 PM then at 6 PM we got a call to help fill sandbags for my Uncle's house as the Arkansas River was just 5' feet below his door. Well, sad to say it looks like he will have a rough couple of days. Still he will be fine.

Just never lose your faith. It is apparent...Patrollees have lots of that!

I appreciate all of your support and help.

Patrolling again soon,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby plateaucal » Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 am

Well, they are sand bagging up in Lake City as well. So when you are done saving Arkansas, Colorado awaits.
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby jAyL60 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:33 am

Prayers go out to you and yours L60Boerne’s, and everyone throughout the country defending against natural forces! Nothing changes perspective faster than water in your living room or fire in your backyard!
jAyL60 Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby Flaggoni » Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Tulsa, Oklahoma and surrounding areas are currently in bad shape, and precariously close to epic flooding. Dams are at capacity and levies are old and seeping. More rain forecast.
I’m personally on high ground, but many homes nearby are flooded.
Mild Bill
Flaggoni Offline

Postby plateaucal » Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm

plateaucal wrote:Well, they are sand bagging up in Lake City as well. So when you are done saving Arkansas, Colorado awaits.

https://kdvr.com/2019/05/27/army-corps- ... g-efforts/

Under control here. But the melt hasn't even started. https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/st ... tgrb19.gif?

Weird year.
plateaucal Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Mon May 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Thank you for all your well wishes. If you know a farmer in Oklahoma or Arkansas you can kindly ask them to stop praying for rain. The flooding is truly epic as Bill said. I grew up near Lock & Dam 13 on the AR River. The water is 10' OVER the concrete locks. It is hard to describe what that means but it seems impossible to a guy who has seen those locks 500 times. I'd think the river below the locks must be 75-100' higher than normal.

I'll be in Lake City in a few weeks. Hopefully they will be spared but my buddies filled sand bags as week.

Patrolling again soon,
L60Boerne
L60Boerne Offline

Postby mdawg4x4 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:23 pm

L60Boerne wrote:Patrol friends,

God works in many ways and always in the favor of His followers. He has blessed my Mom through this experience in many wonderful ways.

Now we got her squared away at 5 PM then at 6 PM we got a call to help fill sandbags for my Uncle's house as the Arkansas River was just 5' feet below his door. Well, sad to say it looks like he will have a rough couple of days. Still he will be fine.

Just never lose your faith. It is apparent...Patrollees have lots of that!

I appreciate all of your support and help.

Patrolling again soon,
L60Boerne

Good to hear about your mom. ALl that AR River water has to hit the MS River eventually. The MS Delta has been flooded for so long they may not get crops in this year. The residents at Eagle Lake, North of Vicksburg, have been flooded several times over the past few years, with this year being one of the worst.

jAyL60 wrote:Prayers go out to you and yours L60Boerne’s, and everyone throughout the country defending against natural forces! Nothing changes perspective faster than water in your living room or fire in your backyard!

I saw the pictures of the avalanche up near Animas Forks access! WOW that is a lot of snow. 120' deep over the road and mixed with trees wiped out as it came down. Then there is the huge boulder over near Mancos!
We have actually cancelled our off road plans for our August Durango trip, so we will be in the Grand Cherokee rather than the Wrangler. We may still make it to Lake City, just not the route I had wanted to follow. My cousin said some of the passes may not open until way later than normal, if they do at all.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Tue May 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Yes, the Lake City trails are in a mess at this time but I think they will open by Labor Day...though that is not for certain as the problems are on a large scale.
L60Boerne Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Greetings Patrollees Worldwide,

Though I am no Nissan Ninja like so many of you gifted mechanics I too get surprises when I lift the fender or hood like......how many mechanics and invoices it takes to fix something.

First, the good news. I replaced the skids on Santa's Sleigh. Christmas in June found a new suspension and a new set of Dreestone d503 bias ply tires under the bonsai tree. Result 100% victory. All Bias Ply for my off road/ranch vehicles from now on. I'd never heard of Dreestone but I'll buy more. Deep treads..excellent lugs and longer lasting for ranch/hunting duty than BFGs at 35% lower price. Can't use them on concrete too much but we are never on concrete with Santa's Sleigh.

Second, The bad news.Both Eddy the Eagle and Saint Scott have taken multiple swipes of my credit card at fixing this problem with Santa's Sleigh. The condition persists. When left overnight or several days...It cranks like it has a baby's breath of life left in it. After 2 seconds the cranks become rolling then 2-7 seconds later it kicks off and runs perfect. It runs absolutely great for 4-5 hours over one or several. After about 4-5 hours of operation it dies while running then will not re-fire. It turns over like a crock with a yearling wildebeest leg but no fire. Unusual things.....the wire running to the negative battery terminal is hot at the terminal, the new fuel pump is pumping fuel. The new aftermarket carb seems to be working fine. It has an Petronics electronic starter with waterproof distributor cap. New HD coil.

The only super hero left on the planet that can crack a Nissan nut is this forum. Hunting season is starting we we need to get Sant's Sleigh back in air. Any help is most appreciated. I've asked Saint Scott (he is a Saint because he is from Eden, TX) to get back in the fight and keep swinging. He will drive back to the ranch tuesday or wednesday.

Patrolling when possible,

L60Boerne

PS, I'll back in Lake City this weekend. Command and Control Vehicle 7 (white 63 Patrol) received new oil and a brake adjustment. 65 Presidio Patrol is just back from Ready with the Wrench's garage with a new exhaust manifold. I will add my, new to me, oil sending unit to my spare parts inventory barn secured deep in a grove of radiant aspen trees.
L60Boerne Offline

PreviousNext

Return to Projects