1969 Patrol, Take 2: Action!

Builds, refurbishments, restorations, upgrades

Postby Esteban » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Excellent work! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks for taking the time to do it... and so fast! :shock:

yitzac1990 wrote:so if I wanted to leave the hazard switch out, could I still run the brake switch integrated with the turn signal switch? Based on the wiring schematic I found on this forum, I came up with this diagram specifically for the turn signal circuit (attached).

Also, if my color call-outs and numbers on the hazard switch could be double-checked and confirmed I would appreciate it. the diagram I downloaded was a bit grainy!

Patrols before 1997 didn't come with the hazard, and also some later models for other markets (I had a 74 without hazards). Basically is an add-on, so you can take it out of the system and everything will work.

Comparing your diagram with one that I had downloaded from a couple of years ago, it looks correct, colors and terminal numbers... So rather than checking the correctness of yours, I was learning in the process.

At some point in your progress these diagrams will need to me moved to the electrical section in the forum. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby yitzac1990 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am

Esteban wrote:At some point in your progress these diagrams will need to me moved to the electrical section in the forum. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much! I actually kind of like doing wiring diagrams. The first time I ever did one was on just the last project I worked on and it made everything so much easier.

The wiring diagram that I am making for my patrol will not be an OEM diagram "remake", more like a custom diagram to suit my needs for my patrol. But I did want to make the turn signal diagram matching the OEM diagram to make sure I wire it up right. Feel free to grab the turn signal wiring above and post it wherever it needs to go.

I think I will keep the hazard switch since I have the colors/numbers correct....just hope my gf can help me with the colors since i'm color blind :lol:
yitzac1990 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby Esteban » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 am

yitzac1990 wrote:...I think I will keep the hazard switch since I have the colors/numbers correct....just hope my gf can help me with the colors since i'm color blind :lol:

I'm color blind too!! :lol: or color vision deficiency as more and more is known. Always use my wife's help with these projects. For a number of years was a good excuse for not buying her any clothes..
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Postby yitzac1990 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:18 am

since my patrol didnt come with a gas pedal, for whatever reason, I did some cutting and welding and put on a Nissan 240sx gas pedal. I also added in a throttle cable from a 240sx as well.

yitzac1990 Offline

Postby yitzac1990 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:01 pm

so today I was able to get the engine and transfer case pressure washed. I am going to be replacing all the "easy" gaskets on the engine, and rebuilding the tcase and trans. getting closer every day. I have a stockpile of parts in my shop just waiting to go on!

I also "refurbished" the OEM control switches (headlights, wiper motor, hazard, blower motor) and they all seem to work just fine! I am only missing one knob, for the wiper motor. I found a knob on amazon that I think should work just fine, I will just need to drill a small hole for a set screw. it is a J.W. Winco GN419 series knob, part number 6NB59. Here is a link to it on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00PUDAQB0/ ... _lig_dp_it

it has an internal M6 thread, which is what the wiper motor control is, so it should thread right on.

I also got the fuel tank "converted" for EFI, with a new 3/8" fuel feed fitting, 5/16" fuel return fitting, brand new fuel level sender, and cleaned out the rust/crud as best I could. Installed the fuel pump as well, which is an external 255lph pump and will be plenty for the chevy engine.
yitzac1990 Offline

Postby MadTripper » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 am

Nice work and I'm anxious to see the outcome!

Tripper
MadTripper Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Previous

Return to Projects