Australian Country Magazine 08/1976

Articles about the 60 series Patrol

Postby azsteve » Thu May 16, 2013 10:19 am

This is readable, but the image quality isn't the best. I had it scanned by the Australian National Library.

3 page article about the Patrol. Cover is included. I also have the whole issue as a separate file if anyone is interested. Gotta love the article on the cover, "How safe is your semen?" Can't say i ever gave it any thought, lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1966 L60 Patrol

"Hey, watch this...!"
-probably what my last words will be.
azsteve Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby miksum56 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:15 am

Wonder what Esteban will have to say about the parking brake comments! :lol: :lol: :lol:
miksum56 Offline

Postby Esteban » Fri May 17, 2013 7:48 am

Steve, thanks a lot for all your effort in putting all these gems! Very interesting reading. :clap: :clap: :clap:

miksum56 wrote:Wonder what Esteban will have to say about the parking brake comments! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent Mike. I had a good laugh reading that part. I think this is a good article by the author, mostly unbiased, and with good observations.

There are some comments, that I certainly do not agree, like this one:

Mud: average, traction only. It is not able to cover the same type of ground as the Cruiser but the powerful engine will save the day once its old fashioned torque characteristics are mastered.

I've always laughed when standard equipped Patrols and Land Cruisers are compared, specially of the same wheelbase. I've never driven a Cruiser in those conditions, but, if they weigh the same, have basically the same wheelbase and track, engine, then how on earth can they differ?

My brother in law used to have a Cruiser, and obviously, was always bragging about it. One day he pointed me one key difference that in his opinion, made the Cruiser better in harsh terrain: the lack of sway bars! Maybe, there's a point to that. But easily corrected.

I think I should start this conversation in the "Bull session"...
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Return to Articles