Kahr CW9

Product reviews and opinions, news worth sharing, etc.

Postby MadTripper » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 pm

I was at my local sporting goods with a friend picking up a pistol (for my friend) and some ammo. The shop is small and I like to look through his new and used items to see what has changed over. All was well but as we were about to leave, one of the salesman pulled out a Kahr CW9 - NRA edition that was on consignment. I really debated purchasing a Kahr (PM40) when I was looking for my Sig 290. I handled the weapon and immediately liked it. After getting back home, I contacted the dealer and threw a low ball offer for him to give to the owner. After about 10 minutes, he called back and said come pick it up...

First off I can say that I absolutely love the look and feel. This model is DA only with a single stack of 7 in the OEM magazine. It is quite slim and the barrel length is enough to be accurate at 20 yards and short enough to be concealable. The frame is polymer which helps reduce the weight and sights are the "i" dot type. Overall, initial handling was impressive.

I had a few drinks when I bought it so I wasn't in a position to fire it and had business to attend to the following day. It wasn't until the following evening I had a minute to put some rounds down range. Once I did fire it, I fell more in love with it. Accuracy was tremendous at 5, 10 and 15 yards. I concentrated on the 10 yard distance at first and was able to keep my groups within 4 inches. At 5 yards, 6 of the 7 rounds were touching. I was shooting Winchester white box ammo and had no issues whatsoever with stovepipes or misfires. I was very impressed with the look, feel and accuracy of this pistol. It is every bit as accurate as my 290 however lighter to carry and slightly slimmer. It does have a longer barrel but I think the other points outweigh this.

Break down for cleaning is a cinch. Remove the slide stop and remove the slide by pushing it off the frame. Pull the spring and rod to get the barrel free.

I'm looking forward to some more time but so far, I'm very happy with everything about it. I can certainly see a PM40 coming my way in the not so distant future.

Tripper

kahrcw9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MadTripper Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby norville » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 pm

nice buy, next time I come up I'll try to plan more time to toss some lead downrange...
(insert clever saying here)
norville Offline

Postby MadTripper » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Any time! The kids and I spent about an hour out there on Saturday. They both did very well with the Pheonix...reminds me I should do a review on that. Bring the boys up if you want and they can have fun too. Just have to bribe your wife with homemade wine!

Tripper
MadTripper Offline

Return to News and Reviews