Body Panels Dismantling

Got rust? Seats, panels, doors, windows, etc. The old messages from the NPCA 'Body & Interior' category are here.

Postby RichardMooney » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:38 pm

G'day all,

I've pulled the front grill and front side panels off my '66 SWB softie (after a lot of snapping and cutting, damn cage bolts) and now I'm eyeing up removing everything else.

I can't quite work out how everything pulls apart. I can see that the driver side floor appears to be bolted to the firewall, so I should be able to take that apart, but the passenger side appears to be welded to the firewall. I also can't make heads or tail of how the tub comes away from the floors. I can obviously find the mounting bolts which attach the tub and floors to the chassis.

After scouring a load of project posts, I'm still none the wiser. If anyone knows the answer off the top of their head that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Richard

PS. If anyone's wrecking in Oz and has good panels, I think I may well be in the market!
RichardMooney Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:28 am

Everything is bolted on, nothing welded unless a PO did some welding. Tub unbolts at the rear of the seat bench. Some of the later panels may not be compatible with your '66, fenders for instance. Pictures would help.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby RichardMooney » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 am

Thanks for the reply.

Here are a couple of photos of the passenger side footwell - mine is a RHD. I can't see any way to separate the two - I guess it's not too much of a drama to pull the firewall off with one floor panel attached.

20181106_180614.jpg

20181106_180631.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RichardMooney Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks for the pictures, that helps a lot. Someone has patched the floor and welded panels in. You'll need to cut it to separate the floor from the firewall.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Return to Body and Interior