Cadflat Bead Roller Project.

Got rust? Seats, panels, doors, windows, etc. The old messages from the NPCA 'Body & Interior' category are here.

Postby Oddbod » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:23 am

While waiting for the laser cutting and the mail man, I decided to make the pair of flanges required to attach my hinge mechanism to the firewall.
Not pretty right now but I am expecting it to improve once cleaned up.
I plan to use insert nuts into my firewall to attach these brackets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oddbod Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby Oddbod » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm still waiting for my laser cut hinges, but in the meantime the mail man turned up with my radiator shell lacing kit.
I have also managed to work out my card board templates for the remainder of my inner sheet metal which I intend to cut out soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oddbod Offline

Postby Oddbod » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:16 am

I can't believe that I am still waiting for the laser cutter.
He was asked to see if while imputing my drawing into his CAD system that he could try and improve the rear lift on the hinge and he did talk to me saying a simple improvement was not working as there was a degree of bind, so he wanted more time to figure out a smooth movement.
On my prototype it worked, however my pivot points where not rigid enough to show bind...

In the meantime I have taken to my VW Beetle latch and started minimising the junk on it.
I have removed a small lever (for a cable pull) which by doing so, destabilised the locking device, so added a small spring for stability and the darn thing works better than the OEM design.

I also shaved metal off and reduced bracket size and overhang as I want to reduce the foot print especially in the height department.
I have a stainless steel cradle in which I will install the latch mechanism.
So this is what I have so far.

Sorry my pic's are in the reverse sequence...
Oddbod Offline

Previous

Return to Body and Interior