What have you done to your 60 Series Patrol this week....

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby G60michael » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:57 am

Hello everyone, even though I've been a bit quiet on the forum this year (Nothing Personal) I still love playing and driving my g60s , and also enjoy the forum and outer g60 community, and also on positive news on the weekend gone (8/10/16) I purchased another g60, I think this Is number 14 :lol:

A Blue 1975 SWB Softop that spent its life as a farm vehicle in a dry region so has next to no rust, its body and paint work is in great shape and its pretty bloody original too, even has the dealership decal on the back of car :)

Only has 2 bits of rust both in drivers floor, rest is all surface rust which there isn't even much of that :)

here's a few pics, I haven't got it home as of yet.

G60michael Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby Esteban » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:13 am

Great score Michael! Congratulations.

It certainly looks in very good condition!
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby nizmut » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:41 pm

dubber wrote:
nizmut wrote:Loaded a couple bikes in the back. Stabiled and filled the tank(yeah baby, fuel gauge works nice) and drove up to Napa. Heading up was a little rough until the flat spots beat out of the tires. Swung by the Nissan dealership, hit the Java hut (oh yeah, no cup holders) then on to the bike shop. Dropped off the bikes, and headed home. Much smoother ride coming home, so ran it up through 75mph and it was still pulling. Yeah I chickened out, I don't know what my true speed is with the bigger tires is but 75 was too fast.
So after getting home my wife loaded in the Patrol and we went to lunch, and home depot.
All the gauges are running in the very very good range. Started fine after another long sit. Ordered seals for the transfer case. think it's just going to be a driver.
Pulls to the left while braking, so need to look into that. Needs wiper blades, new seat slider, all weather stripping, washer nozzles, you know the nickle and dime stuff.

Another thing I did was buy a composition book for each of my projects, I have enough hobbies that I chase my tail going from one to the next.

When you find the issue to the left pull when braking, would you please let me know the problem you find. I have the same problem.

Had a frozen wheel cylinder on the right side. Right drum is also out of round, so the shoes are backed off a little more so they don't drag. Nothing money and time wont fix. Oh yeah, I have little of either.
Robin
nizmut Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby mdawg4x4 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 am

Got started on the front brakes on the 67 last night. After an hour or so of hitting the drum with a rubber mallet, the left one turned loose. The right side is being a little more stubborn.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby jordanajungman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:13 am

Finally started working on the patrol. Got most of the Interior gutted, stripped sanded and por- 15'd a few items, cleaned 50 years of hand grime off some knobs... pretty productive few days.

Anyone have any advice for repairing the steering wheel emblem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jordanajungman Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:22 am

Starting your own project thread so we can follow the progress would be great. :handgestures-thumbupright: Your Patrol was originally yellow, very rare color.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby mad4hws » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:18 am

Got the minion missile back from the transmission shop today. 24 hours of labor, plus all the parts that greg supplied from 4wdproducts in Australia. The new clutch is fantastic. After the ACL/Miniscus reconstruction 7 weeks ago, I'm finally at the point where i can move around a bit. Looking forward to getting to work on the Patrol.

Look, no leaks:

PTO installed. it had a slight crack in the case, so it had to be epoxied.

Old clutch. With the cost of the new clutch, I think I should think about having this one re-built. It's down to the rivets, so the flywheel was scored; they were able to buff it out, so it seems like we did this just in time.

old bearings5442

The PTO cover; I'm going to send this to Mattbob's dad so he can put it on the donor chassis where the PTO came from.
mad4hws Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Glad to hear the knee is doing better.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby G60michael » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Just acquired another G60 Patrol this weekend, cost me nothing except for a parts swap which I got the part for free to begin with anyway :) This is defiantly up there in the favorites, might even be my most favorite :)
G60michael Offline

Postby mad4hws » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:58 pm

G60michael wrote: This is defiantly up there in the favorites, might even be my most favorite :)

If it's your favorite, you must share more. we all know you have seen a few of theses, so that's saying something. need pics & details! :clap:
mad4hws Offline

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics