What have you done to your 60 Series Patrol this week....

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby G60michael » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:17 pm

Only the best, 1974 G60 Nissan Patrol factory tub style pickup, also know as a G60-62z

Its was a one owner and owned by an old farmer since new im now the 2nd owner of this gem, its all original and really is in pretty good rust free condition :)

Heres a teaser pic of it more to come5477
G60michael Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby Esteban » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Congratulations Michael!!!

Your sickness is a bless for all of us!

Make sure to open a dedicated threat for this gem.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby Johnny Roadkill » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:51 pm

G60michael wrote:Only the best, 1974 G60 Nissan Patrol factory tub style pickup, also know as a G60-62z

Hey G60michael,

so that would make it a 2800mm wheelbase ? Don't see those come up too often - congrats ! :dance:

cheers,
D
'71 P510 Wagon - the smile generator.
'74 G60H - strawberry farm patrol.
'78 G60H Ute Cab - the cherry on top.
'80 G61H - the start of things to come.
'92 Pulsar Ti - my SR20 powered daily driver.
'01 Kessner 7x4 - the pack horse.
'07 Challenge Camper - home away from home.
'09 Prado - the family fourby and her daily driver.
'14 200EXC - a chainsaw with wheels.
Johnny Roadkill Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:42 am

Pretty sweet. 8-)
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby rdarnell » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:15 am

Weasel,

I am in Louisville KY also. I just recently bought two Patrols and would love to come see yours. I tried to send a message but the system would not allow me to. 5545
rdarnell Offline

Postby Peter60 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:00 am

What an unbelievable trailer :shock:

I'm not sure what is towing it but in Oz the general limit for a trailer plus load is 2 tonne. That means a light trailer and a patrol just meets that limit.

We can go to 3.5 tonnes with a breakaway system. However I have never passed a trailer with two full cars on it!
Not sure if I will get there.
Not sure if I will get back.
But I usually do!!!
Peter60 Offline

Postby mdawg4x4 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Covered up my 63 in the back yard finally.

63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby Shootingstar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:01 pm

After becoming reattached to this great website and exploring it I discovered for the first time that the way to grease the Tracta joint ends was through two zerk fittings on the axle housing not on the caps at the end. What a discovery. So today I decided I needed to put grease in after 20 plus years. Naturally neither would take grease. Spent two hours getting one cleared and greased. The other one never would take grease after cleaning the zerk and poking a wire in the holes. Saving it for another day. Add to my projects, after having read about parts that may be missing from the oil filter, sure as heck my washer at the top of the filter element was missing also., and the o ring. So after scrounging through my spare junk I discovered that a formed washer from a shock absorber had the right configuration to fit over the filter element and only needed the center hole enlarged. Hooray I might get that filter working as intended yet. Interesting enough, if it weren't for this website I would have never known that all my filter changes over the years were a waste of time without the missing parts. My thanks to all. This website has gotten me motivated to get back to work on this camo'd treasure sitting in the garage, only used to pull garbage cans out to the main road once a week ;-(
Shootingstar Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby Esteban » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 pm

This week I changed the rear output oil seal on the transfer case. A couple of weeks ago I found an important leak on the floor, so there was no other culprit than this seal (so I thought). Since I had a spare one, I decided this week to do the messy job. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. My camera was down and was afraid of using my phone.

Once I separated the arbor flange, about an ounce of oil came from inside the recess between the companion flange (#39) and the arbor yoke-flange (not shown). I dismantled the e-brake, the arbor, and then found that the nut with the cotter pin was slightly loose. Took the flange out and then the seal.

After careful inspection of the seal, I determined that the leak was coming through the spline of the transfer axle and the companion flange, since the seal was still with the grease I've applied when I serviced the unit some 18k miles ago. This seal has double lips (one for oil inside, and one for the water outside). The grease in between had no traces of oil. See the picture below with the place where the oil was leaking.

I had put the last time some silicone compound on the the companion flange, before placing the nut. The nut is actually what seals everything. I probably didn't torque it properly that time and little by little some oil started flowing into the recess between the flanges.

Transfer Case Leak.jpg

I ordered the following seal from eBay just to have in stock for future use. The same seal is used in the two output shafts of the transfer case, and at the pinion side of each differential (4 total) :

AVX Shaft Oil Seal TC50x73x12 Rubber Lip 50mm/73mm/12mm metric (use this for the search)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVX-Shaft-Oil-S ... 5d60384466

It's not double lipped as the original (to keep oil in, and water out). It does have an outer lip that will keep dust out. Will work if you're not fording any streams.

I have added the info of this seal in the thread Seals: transfer case input-output, pinion.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2665&p=36547#p36547

Torque for the companion flange nut: 69 - 87 lb-ft (93 - 118 Nm)

All these years my e-brake band was soaked in oil that I thought was migrating from a leak in the rear seal of the engine. That was probably only a tiny bit of all the oily mess. I thoroughly cleaned the brake band. Need to adjust it properly to see if it will work or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby mdawg4x4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:42 pm

rdarnell wrote:Weasel,

I am in Louisville KY also. I just recently bought two Patrols and would love to come see yours. I tried to send a message but the system would not allow me to. 5545

I like the green with with white top.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics