Cadflat Hot Rod G60 wiper motor to switch wiring PLUS

Flames? Lights wiring, alternator/generator, etc.

Postby Oddbod » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Guys, I have a wiper motor which I have worked out the wire tags for, but also have a wiper switch which just has a bunch 5 of blue wires that go to the plug.

Can anybody tell me which blue wire goes where in simple terms or a sketch would be helpful. :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oddbod Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 am

This is the wiper switch wiring from the wiring diagram. You can compare it the the wires on the connector that this plugs into.

wiper_switch_wiring.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Oddbod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks or your reply and information, but I was hoping for more on the ground help.
I really just need to know with respect to the plug block what each pin represents in relation to your diagram.
That is why I asked for a sketch rather than a diagram.
The plug block is original and unchanged and hence reliable to be tagged pin by pin.

I don't have any harness just to be able to plug into. :!:

So to help me, I need to either know what color wire in the wire diagram you posted matches to each soldered point on the switch body or similarly what color wire connects to each pin in the block. :think:

I see on some other posts where somebody will draw over my picture and write the information on it. :idea:

(Hey RVR, I used to spend a lot of time in Beaumont Ca with family years ago just down the road from you...)
Oddbod Offline

Postby Oddbod » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:49 am

Well, I got a guy over to take a look at what I have and it seems that maybe my wiper motor is not compatible with my switch as run runs a +ve feed and the other and the other requires a -ve or similar.

Not the news that I wanted but they are the breaks.
So thanks to all who took the time to read and consider my request.

Maybe somebody could tell me what year wiper motors are compatible with my switch or vice versa.
Any ID info would be welcome.
Oddbod Offline

Postby Esteban » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:36 am

Please post a picture of your wiper motor, that will also show the connector. I might be able to help you, since years ago I installed the wiper motor from a 74 Patrol on my 65. The wiring and wiper motors are totally different so I needed to add some cables. I can dig my notes to see what cables correspond to each one of the switch that you posted.

I will think that over the years, the wiper motor connector remained the same. Until 68, the wiper motors were individual and the switch mounted on the motor itself. Beginning 69 they installed a single motor to drive the two wipers, and around 75 they added a 3-wiper system. The connector for the 2-wiper and for the 3-wiper at the motor end, I'm sure is the same. What changed a little bit is the switch, once they added the washer option.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby Oddbod » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 am

Thanks Esteban, I'll post as soon as I am back home in about 10 hours time.
Yes, my switch does have the wash twist function if that helps define things a little more precisely.
Oddbod Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:18 am

Your switch would be for any Patrol '69 and later. Also it would only be for a -ve ground system, so I'm not sure about the information you got that says otherwise.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you don't have a wiring harness to plug into, what is it that you are trying to do?

Yeah, Beaumont is just a hop skip and a jump away. :D

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Oddbod » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Here is a photo of my wiper motor which I am being told is not compatible with the switch I previously posted.
For what it is worth, this is an installation in a hot rod project and that is why I don't have a harness.

Since this forum seems a lot more friendly that others I have visited during my hot rod build when I have been seeking information for various other brand components, I would like to offer you an insight into what I am doing if you are interested at all.

Do a search on YouTube and look for "Cadflat Videos", there are 3 that I have made showing some progress and philosophy about my project.
I must apologise for the background music, but my original music was blocked due to copyright issues and I was forced to have it over ridden by YouTube junk and I also lost some audio but it is still popular and I am sure anybody who views it wont feel that they wasted their time.

Any way if anybody out there thinks they can offer some info regarding my switch vs motor issue I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Russ.
Oddbod Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:00 am

Now it makes much more sense. Nice project that you have going there. Interesting that you ended up with this particular wiper motor and switch. They do seem compatible from the pictures. I may have a loose harness that I can trace the switch wires from. Otherwise it will require crawling under the dash, which is not the favorable choice.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 am

They are definitely compatible. Will dig my notes and let you know.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Next

Return to Electrical