'69 Patsy

Rust or bling, we want to see it!

Postby MadTripper » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:39 pm

I was able to snap some pictures before sticking it in storage. As mentioned I'm not sure where this will end up but hopefully a modernized machine that I can drive on the road and in the hills.

MadTripper Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:33 am

When you get to it, this will be a great project to watch.

Regarding road worthiness, I was just chatting with FutureDeadGuy about how much he is enjoying Ozzie, the extra long bed pickup. I was reminded what a great highway cruising Patrol this is, the best highway cruising Patrol I have ever driven. He had taken it on a 2 hour trip to a car show - won 2 awards - and said it cruises at 80 easily with pedal left. I believe that this is possible with any Patrol. This one does have a custom 4 speed transmission, but 4th gear is still 1:1. What makes this possible on this Patrol is all mechanical. Very tall wheels and tires, extractors/headers, an upgraded Stromberg carb and an electronic ignition. Everything else is stock. Granted, this truck does have the monster H260 rear diff so I don't know if that makes a difference. Point being, with some well thought out performance upgrades I think any Patrol can be made to handle highways more efficiently.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby MadTripper » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 am

I agree with everything you said. I don't feel the diff would make a difference unless the gearing were different. I remember that pickup quite well and always loved it. I also recall Green Machine was capable of 70 mph without much trouble. The fact is that my commute to work is 4 miles now and mostly dirt roads so upper end is not a concern. I'm really just wanting to not have to worry about some of the nuances that come along with the engine and drive train. Again, I'm not sold on one direction or another at this point but I am leaning towards a mondernized setup. I can tell you one thing, the split rims will be for sale if anyone has an interest.
I took a few more photos. I've never had an original service manual as they were always printouts with grease stains and pages flung all over the place. Also a few of the vin plate. Feel free to add that to the registry if you would like or I can request via thread or pm if you'd prefer.

RiverPatrol wrote:When you get to it, this will be a great project to watch.

Regarding road worthiness, I was just chatting with FutureDeadGuy about how much he is enjoying Ozzie, the extra long bed pickup. I was reminded what a great highway cruising Patrol this is, the best highway cruising Patrol I have ever driven. He had taken it on a 2 hour trip to a car show - won 2 awards - and said it cruises at 80 easily with pedal left. I believe that this is possible with any Patrol. This one does have a custom 4 speed transmission, but 4th gear is still 1:1. What makes this possible on this Patrol is all mechanical. Very tall wheels and tires, extractors/headers, an upgraded Stromberg carb and an electronic ignition. Everything else is stock. Granted, this truck does have the monster H260 rear diff so I don't know if that makes a difference. Point being, with some well thought out performance upgrades I think any Patrol can be made to handle highways more efficiently.
MadTripper Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:57 am

I added it to the Registry, thanks. When you can please get pics of the ID on the frame and the engine number.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby MadTripper » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:09 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:I added it to the Registry, thanks. When you can please get pics of the ID on the frame and the engine number.

Here ya go! Thanks again.

Tripper

MadTripper Offline

Return to Show us Your Patrol!