'79 Patrol on Barrett Jackson

Collection of Patrol sales data

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:11 am

An interesting specimen. I'm not sure where it originated form, but it has a factory hard top it appears. Unusual. Some interesting mods. Brought an amazing price at $45,100.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/ ... ROL-231973

231973_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

231973_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

231973_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

231973_Interior_Web.jpg

231973_Engine_Web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby MadTripper » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 am

Is that factory option air conditioning? It appears to be super clean and someone put their time into it for sure!

Tripper
MadTripper Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:47 am

I have seen similar A/C systems, all being after market. I've never seen an option for factory air, but dealer installed after market was always available.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 am

Incredible price for a modded Patrol, for sure.

Looking at the engine bay I see the chimney tube for venting the gases, so it probably came from Colombia or Ecuador (no emissions enforced then).

Notice the side windows on the back, and the Toyota FJ40 rear doors. The roof top seems to have gone under the knife as well, and the whole rear seems to be altered somehow. Pay attention to the seam line like 3 inches from the corner, as well as the rounded corners. This was probably a canvas top model, so most definitely from Colombia.

Looks good, that's for sure.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby mdawg4x4 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 pm

Also did the battery get relocated to the engine compartment on later models?
The heater blower has been removed an the opening covered over. And no defroster vents.
Also noticed the hard top rear corners are smooth to the tub as that part of the top is no longer removable.

I would expect a true restoration for that price, but those bidding may not know the difference.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:44 am

Esteban wrote:Incredible price for a modded Patrol, for sure.

Looking at the engine bay I see the chimney tube for venting the gases, so it probably came from Colombia or Ecuador (no emissions enforced then).

Notice the side windows on the back, and the Toyota FJ40 rear doors. The roof top seems to have gone under the knife as well, and the whole rear seems to be altered somehow. Pay attention to the seam line like 3 inches from the corner, as well as the rounded corners. This was probably a canvas top model, so most definitely from Colombia.

The hard top does has some confusing features. It seems the roof may be the only remnant of the original, unless someone did an excellent job recreating the lines of the original, which I've never seen anyone successfully pull off before.

mdawg4x4 wrote:Also did the battery get relocated to the engine compartment on later models?
The heater blower has been removed an the opening covered over. And no defroster vents.
Also noticed the hard top rear corners are smooth to the tub as that part of the top is no longer removable.

I would expect a true restoration for that price, but those bidding may not know the difference.

If it came from South America, which is likely as Esteban pointed out, it never had the blower or defroster vents. No, the battery was never relocated to the engine compartment by the factory. And you're correct, it would be unlikely that someone bidding at a Barrett Jackson auction would know much about the details of the Patrol.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby leidgam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Esteban wrote:Incredible price for a modded Patrol, for sure.

Hey guys, I know exactly where that Patrol came from. It came from Venezuela. Since the prices have FJ40's have come down people are looking for other vehicles to bring in to resell. I was very surprised it was able to reach that high dollar amount. But the guys who brought that one in do really good work, so I'm happy for them. If I'm not mistaken it was House of Cruisers from Florida who brought it in. They have been bringing in classic Toyotas for a long time, I think they just tried to bring something different in.
leidgam Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:16 am

Thanks. Nice to have some backstory on it.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby mdawg4x4 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:07 pm

I did notice the price of FJ40s had fallen on the most recent Mecum and Barrett Jackson auctions.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Return to Now Available! U.S. Patrol Sales Tracker