New Wheels

Topics for any and all other vehicles whether you just want to share or if you are in need of advice.

Postby MadTripper » Fri May 31, 2019 11:30 am

Thanks Esteban. I'm glad I have made time to check in.
The GTR is gone but I did use the launch control several times. I'm not sure there is a comparison to any other machine as I constantly had perma-grin. I do hope to have another down the line but just house projects at the moment. I had a 4 series BMW after the last GTR which was fun and refined but nowhere near the same. I think it was a 428xI.
I'm glad to see some of the old names still so active on this site as I recall putting much work into getting a place for us all to communicate and store information that wasn't being held over our heads.

Tripper
MadTripper Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby mdawg4x4 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:01 pm

MadTripper wrote:Thanks Esteban. I'm glad I have made time to check in.
The GTR is gone but I did use the launch control several times. I'm not sure there is a comparison to any other machine as I constantly had perma-grin. I do hope to have another down the line but just house projects at the moment. I had a 4 series BMW after the last GTR which was fun and refined but nowhere near the same. I think it was a 428xI.
I'm glad to see some of the old names still so active on this site as I recall putting much work into getting a place for us all to communicate and store information that wasn't being held over our heads.

Tripper

If I was going to buy a GTR, I would buy a R34 GTR from Japan and put it in storage until it hit the 25 year old requirement for importation. The prices are starting to go up on them already. Just sayin'! The R32 GTRs are already eligible, but the R34 is my favorite.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby MadTripper » Fri May 31, 2019 12:08 pm

mdawg4x4 wrote:

Tripper

If I was going to buy a GTR, I would buy a R34 GTR from Japan and put it in storage until it hit the 25 year old requirement for importation. The prices are starting to go up on them already. Just sayin'!

I hear ya and I've investigated but everything I have read indicates that if you have owned an R35, anything older will just disappoint you. I'm not sure what the future will bring for vehicles but I do hope to get back into a classic 4x4 and another fun sports car before too long!

Tripper
MadTripper Offline

Postby mdawg4x4 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:19 pm

MadTripper wrote:
mdawg4x4 wrote:

Tripper

If I was going to buy a GTR, I would buy a R34 GTR from Japan and put it in storage until it hit the 25 year old requirement for importation. The prices are starting to go up on them already. Just sayin'!

I hear ya and I've investigated but everything I have read indicates that if you have owned an R35, anything older will just disappoint you. I'm not sure what the future will bring for vehicles but I do hope to get back into a classic 4x4 and another fun sports car before too long!

Tripper

Working for Nissan, I have had many friends lease GTRs. They have all offered to let me drive. I've told them all no. I'll never own one, so I don't want to know the excitement of driving that which I'll never own!
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby Swerve » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 am

Haven’t had a chance for a GTR drive, but did a launch in a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and get that was fun. I imagine the GTR A’s way better again. But my bike will do for the time being
Swerve Offline

Postby mdawg4x4 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:37 am

Swerve wrote:Haven’t had a chance for a GTR drive, but did a launch in a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and get that was fun. I imagine the GTR A’s way better again. But my bike will do for the time being

I bought my wife a 5.7L HEMI Grand Cherokee, and tried to talk her into the 6.4L SRT Grand Cherokee, but she wouldn't go the extra $15K.
I would like to drive the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, and own one some day. I'd like to see a side by side Trackhawk vs GTR race to see who comes out on top.
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby Swerve » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:27 pm

My wife was saying buy it, but was still a big chunk of change in Oz. This was a good 5 years ago. But something I wont forget soon.
Wife has since bought a 2017 Merc C250 Estate and I'm loving throwing it around. Always being told off for leaving it in sport mode.
Swerve Offline

Postby mdawg4x4 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:44 am

Swerve wrote:My wife was saying buy it, but was still a big chunk of change in Oz. This was a good 5 years ago. But something I wont forget soon.
Wife has since bought a 2017 Merc C250 Estate and I'm loving throwing it around. Always being told off for leaving it in sport mode.

I love the sport mode on my wife's Grand Cherokee, but she doesn't like it when I do.
mdawg4x4 Offline

Previous

Return to Other Vehicles