Fire Patrol 60 !!!

Rust or bling, we want to see it!

Postby Nico da Selva » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Dear All! I live in Mozambique, East Africa, and have a friend that has a Fire Patrol 1975 in excellent condition, see pictures, that I am very tempted to purchase. My problem is that I do not know how much I should pay for it... the market in this country for this kind of vehicle should be minimal, so I don't want to pay a lot and then never be able to sell it again. Can you guys please tell me what would be the international value of it? He wants to sell it for 8.000 USD but I think it is way too much... I could consider paying max. 5.000 USD. What do you guys and gals think? How much should I max. pay for it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nico da Selva Offline

Lurker
Lurker

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Welcome to 60Patrol! :text-welcomeconfetti:

That's an awesome FirePatrol! :o The firefighting equipment is all missing, that could be a big bargaining factor for you. But otherwise it seems to be in good condition. It's impossible to put an 'International' value on it, that will vary wildly from country to country. I know at even the high price there would be fist fights to get it here in the US.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nico da Selva » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Thanks' RiverPatrol!
I will investigate the provenience of the car and the destiny of equipment and come back on it here.
The Gorongosa National Park, where I live and work as technical director, has an airstrip without a fire vehicle so my idea is to purchase the car for myself but have it parked and ready for any eventualities at the runway at all times. This country gained its independence when this car was manufactured and the Park will be 100 years next year. Have nice week-end. Nico
Nico da Selva Offline

Lurker
Lurker

Postby Peter60 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:54 pm

A fire Patrol is on my wish list!

I live in Australia, and about 5 years ago, when I just renewed my interest in Patrols, one came up for sale. I can't remember exact condition etc but I think it was pretty much 'brand new' with less than a 1000kms on the clock. I think its price was $5000 AUD (about $4000 USD). It was sold very quickly.

I think Fire Patrols are of interest to collectors and museums etc because of their uniqueness.
Not sure if I will get there.
Not sure if I will get back.
But I usually do!!!
Peter60 Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby Johnny Roadkill » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:15 am

Hi Nico,

tough question to answer !

How much would a normal G60 in that condition fetch in Mozambique ? Is it in driveable condition and would you drive it or just have it because you want to own it ? Would you look to sell it later or is it a long term keeper ? How badly do you want a firetruck version of the G60 ?

I saw the one Peter60 spoke of when it was for sale and coveted it for the asking price but missed out also - but I'm a 60 Patrol tragic and it would have been mostly a garage queen for me to look at and polish up...

Not much help I know but maybe this is the question I should pose...

If you wait to see how your friend goes selling it for 8k and it is sold to someone else, how much regret would you feel ?

Good luck !
D
'71 P510 Wagon - the smile generator.
'74 G60H - strawberry farm patrol.
'78 G60H Ute Cab - the cherry on top.
'80 G61H - the start of things to come.
'92 Pulsar Ti - my SR20 powered daily driver.
'01 Kessner 7x4 - the pack horse.
'07 Challenge Camper - home away from home.
'09 Prado - the family fourby and her daily driver.
'14 200EXC - a chainsaw with wheels.
Johnny Roadkill Offline

Postby Edgar » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:15 am

Oi Nico! Tudo bem? Nossa! Que legal aquele Patrol. Onde voce mora la? Nos visitamos a Mozambique em maio. Fomos a Maputo e Beira. Adoramos a seu pais. Eu tenho um 1967 Patrol "soft top". Bem vindo a este grupo.

Derek
Edgar Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:38 am

Nico da Selva wrote:Thanks' RiverPatrol!
I will investigate the provenience of the car and the destiny of equipment and come back on it here.
The Gorongosa National Park, where I live and work as technical director, has an airstrip without a fire vehicle so my idea is to purchase the car for myself but have it parked and ready for any eventualities at the runway at all times. This country gained its independence when this car was manufactured and the Park will be 100 years next year. Have nice week-end. Nico

Here is a post that will give you a very good idea of the equipment that is missing, and what it would need to be a functional fire truck.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Return to Show us Your Patrol!