What have you done to your 60 Series Patrol this week....

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby Volkmann77 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:23 am

Looked at the cancerous holes in my beloved Patrol and debated setting up a Go Fund me account for the preservation of classic Nissan's. :cry:
Volkmann77 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby L60Boerne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:01 am

Chester,

Any Santa would want that sleigh!

More pictures as it finishes up.

well done!

L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby G60michael » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:01 am

Hi all, been very busy fixing up the G60s with several on the go currently, however another couple came home on Saturday, a 3rd Complete Original Well back ute, these are pretty bloody rare and lucky to have 3 of them all matching numbers. Scored them for next to nothing. The Blue middy is a total Wreck, but mechanically runs perfect, these old g60 just want to keep going.

Parked up in the original owners barn in 1988 with an apparent head gasket issue, he began to dismantle it and got side track and like all farmers do and never finished the job he started. Decided to sell it this year, and not its residing in my collection. The head has been removed and the bores have been exposed so a 10tho bore out should be plenty enough, but the original engine I've been serviceable. it came from a Farm near Barrington NSW, its sticks inside and the rats and spiders have called it home, its covered in dust and rat shit inside, plenty of junk in the cab but its in pretty good condition. The Roof and windscreen are great rust wise, is a small bit in the driver side top of the door and a spot in the pass floor pan on the big below the heater, anyway enjoy some photos.

its a project for down the track, all its original parts are there to put it all back together so its a good start. the tub is very good structurally.

G60michael Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby Esteban » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:26 am

Michael, you're definitely a Patrol Whisperer! Well done!

Great pictures as always, that probably have all of us drooling! The white ute looks to be in very good shape. Even the decals in the engine bay are perfect. Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can you give us the Paint Color Code that shows on the white ute?
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:14 am

Another nice score.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Esteban » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:54 am

It looks like this weekend was lazy weekend for the members. Not a single post. I'm showing withdrawal symptoms! :evil:
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby 50car » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Will be picking up another Patrol in the next couple of weeks. It's a 68 sold in 69. Strictly a parts vehicle. Owner said it ran 10 years ago when parked. It was a soft top . The b pillar and hoop over the front seat along with the tie bar to the middle of the windshield is still on vehicle. Rest of the top is gone. I will be scavenging parts for my Montana restoration. Will let members know what is available after I am done. Will post pics when I get it.
Jeff
50Car
50car Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby PetrolPatrol » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:40 pm

I'm working on swapping plugs, wires, and distributor in order to get it running more reliably. Sadly I have no pictures of anything at the moment. I'm going through everything looking for the size of the crankshaft bolt so I can manually turn the engine right now. So it's not been an entirely quiet weekend.
PetrolPatrol Offline

Postby PetrolPatrol » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:01 am

PetrolPatrol wrote:I'm working on swapping plugs, wires, and distributor in order to get it running more reliably. Sadly I have no pictures of anything at the moment. I'm going through everything looking for the size of the crankshaft bolt so I can manually turn the engine right now. So it's not been an entirely quiet weekend.

And running! Got everything swapped, timing is mostly correct (I don't have a timing light, so I had to estimate it), and she drove around the block for the first time! Next up is figuring out the carburetor situation as it idles higher with the choke in than with it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PetrolPatrol Offline

Postby mdawg4x4 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:52 am

PetrolPatrol wrote:
PetrolPatrol wrote:I'm working on swapping plugs, wires, and distributor in order to get it running more reliably. Sadly I have no pictures of anything at the moment. I'm going through everything looking for the size of the crankshaft bolt so I can manually turn the engine right now. So it's not been an entirely quiet weekend.

And running! Got everything swapped, timing is mostly correct (I don't have a timing light, so I had to estimate it), and she drove around the block for the first time! Next up is figuring out the carburetor situation as it idles higher with the choke in than with it out.

That's inspiration.
That is more than I can say about my 67. I do look at it in the garage every time I come and go and say, "I'm going to get back on it and get it running as soon as possible." Possible keeps eluding me! Well, it keeps eluding my desire to mechanic on anything right now!
Just replaced calipers, rotors, and pads on the front of the old 98 TJ couple weeks ago. Looks like it has an oil leak that needs attention.
Gotta replace ball joints on the JKUR here in the next few months. And contemplating a big brake kit on it to help it slow down with the 35" tires on it.
The 67 G60 is after that,,,hopefully.
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics