What have you done to your 60 Series Patrol this week....

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby ratpatrol66 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:54 am

Boy that thing lived a hard life. Battle scares everywhere on that Patrol. I wouldn't have hesitated to buy it myself. Lots of good parts to save other Patrols or it could be fixed used as a skidder again?
ratpatrol66 Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby curlrider11 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:03 pm

I got incredibly lucky today after a pretty cool story.

A random new forum user pmd me on Monday evening and asked me if I was still interested in a patrol engine after having seen randomly a message I left on another thread about one that was available on the east coast and lamenting that I am always on the wrong coast when good parts come up.... That was posted about six or seven months ago ..

He's a collector of Nissan 240Z and skyline race cars and bought a property that had a previous owner who was a patrol enthusiast. The old owner left a running motor, transmission, and driveshafts along with a few other parts and he was looking to get rid of to make shop space and asked me if I was interested. I typically live about 6-7 hours or so away from him but happened to be in the Seattle area staying 30 miles from his house. What are the odds?!

The guy was looking to just simply get rid of the stuff since the market is pretty small for patrol guys. I picked it up for ultra cheap and am stoked to get back to Eastern Washington and rebuild or refurbish my first patrol spare motor :-) Probably a project that i'll tackle in the next year if i'm lucky.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. " Pr. 12:15
curlrider11 Offline

Postby Esteban » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:29 am

curlrider11 wrote:I got incredibly lucky today after a pretty cool story. ...
The guy was looking to just simply get rid of the stuff since the market is pretty small for patrol guys. I picked it up for cheap and am ultra stoked to get back to Eastern Washington and rebuild or refurbish my first patrol spare motor :-)

Wow! Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap: These stories are so rare! Thanks for sharing it. So glad.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:23 am

Very nice. 8-) The forum does deliver its special little gifts from time to time.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby mad4hws » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:14 am

that is a really cool story.
mad4hws Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Postby curlrider11 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 am

Perhaps even cooler was him showing me a 1977 Nissan skyline GTR that was 99% restored which he imported from Japan in the 2000's. It is probably one of the top coolest cars I've ever seen in person. An absolute beast and pure Nissan. I had to wipe the drool off his hood when I was looking at it.... can't believe the things people have hidden away in barns and outbuildings...probably easily a 90-110K vehicle... wish I had a better photo....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. " Pr. 12:15
curlrider11 Offline

Postby curlrider11 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Crustiest oiliest bell housing. Amazing the clutch even worked on this. Globs of grease. Came apart fairly easy in the truck bed at least.
curlrider11 Offline

Postby Esteban » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:47 am

curlrider11 wrote:Crustiest oiliest bell housing. Amazing the clutch even worked on this. Globs of grease. Came apart fairly easy in the truck bed at least.

They probably over did it with the grease points that are there. At least it was like that and not bone dry!
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby curlrider11 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Rented the engine hoist today and actually got it in its final resting place for the next 2 years (give or take). What a beast of a block.
curlrider11 Offline

Postby PetrolPatrol » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:15 pm

20191028_211615993_iOS.jpg

20191101_183006322_iOS.jpg

Finally got sick of messing with the old carburetor and just tossed in a new Carter unit. It's shocking how cheap they are and how plug & play it is. Also changed the battery cables and added a disconnect switch since apparently they decided it wasn't worthwhile differentiating positive/negative terminals back in the day? The PO had the negative cable labeled with foil...
PetrolPatrol Offline

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics