Starter

Won't run? Engine, cooling system, fuel pump, carb, clutch, tranny, brakes, etc. The old messages from the NPCA 'Engine & Mechanical' category are here.

Postby curlrider11 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 am

Hey, I haven't had the issue go away actually. Doesn't happen every time, maybe one out of seven or eight starts. I haven't diagnosed yet if my flywheel has teeth that are worn or if it's the starter itself. Will take the cover plate off my clutch housing next week and take a look for you if you're interested. Haven't driven that much this winter so it hasn't been on my mind. if it's persistent I might try to come up with another starter solution like rebuilding my original..
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. " Pr. 12:15
curlrider11 Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby PetrolPatrol » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:33 pm

curlrider11 wrote:Hey, I haven't had the issue go away actually. Doesn't happen every time, maybe one out of seven or eight starts. I haven't diagnosed yet if my flywheel has teeth that are worn or if it's the starter itself. Will take the cover plate off my clutch housing next week and take a look for you if you're interested. Haven't driven that much this winter so it hasn't been on my mind. if it's persistent I might try to come up with another starter solution like rebuilding my original..

No need for all that. I appreciate the info as is!
PetrolPatrol Offline

Previous

Return to Engine and Mechanical