What have you done to your 60 Series Patrol this week....

If it doesn't fit in the others but is 60 series related, post it up.

Postby dustin3n » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 pm

Installed a new water pump and cleaned the brakes. I also ordered hankook tires dynapro at's in 235/85/16 size.
dustin3n Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby limited slip » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:46 pm

I dragged my two remaining g60s that can roll up to my mechanic uncle's place. Hoping at least one will be resurected by about February
like a gee six
limited slip Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby Peter60 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi Limited Slip

Great work. I thought you had given away G60s. Fantastic you still have an interest.
Not sure if I will get there.
Not sure if I will get back.
But I usually do!!!
Peter60 Offline

Postby limited slip » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 am

Peter60 wrote:Hi Limited Slip

Great work. I thought you had given away G60s. Fantastic you still have an interest.

Hi Peter. I gave away/sold all my spares and parts patrols, I kept my two utes which I loved so much but until recently didn't have the means to get fixed. About 6 months ago I was also offered a swb wagon which I couldn't stand the thought of being scrapped. So I gave it a home too. The interest is still there. :)
like a gee six
limited slip Offline

Postby PetrolPatrol » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:44 am

81994423_10221263698491998_7457884309169373184_o.jpg

Technically this was a couple weeks ago, but swapped out a few brake parts as my pads were all but disintegrated in some places and one of my slave cylinders was shot. Apparently I need a new master cylinder though as I'm having to pump the brakes now to get it to stop. My research is leading me to believe this will not be fun :doh:

20200122_231202864_iOS.jpg

But first is a one wire alternator install so I can stop having Advance Auto charge my battery for me and some hood latches to keep the thing secure and hopefully reduce rattles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PetrolPatrol Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 am

You might not need a new master cylinder, probably just need to bleed the brakes real well. Even if you only replaced one wheel cylinder, you need to bleed the entire system at every wheel. Also, have you verifies that your old alternator isn't putting out? That isn't necessarily why a battery goes dead, you might have a draw in the electrical system that replacing the alternator won't help.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby PetrolPatrol » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:55 am

RiverPatrol wrote:You might not need a new master cylinder, probably just need to bleed the brakes real well. Even if you only replaced one wheel cylinder, you need to bleed the entire system at every wheel. Also, have you verifies that your old alternator isn't putting out? That isn't necessarily why a battery goes dead, you might have a draw in the electrical system that replacing the alternator won't help.

I bled the brakes multiple times and paid someone else to do it for me just in case. Even after all that and checking to make sure the pads are adjusted it takes a pump or two to firm up. Also tested the alternator, used a voltmeter and took it to an alternator shop. It's as dead as a doorknob.
PetrolPatrol Offline

Postby Peter60 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:54 pm

[quote=I bled the brakes multiple times and paid someone else to do it for me just in case. Even after all that and checking to make sure the pads are adjusted it takes a pump or two to firm up. [/quote]

Its all in the adjustment! Just tighten them ALL up till there is just minor rubbing on the pads/drum. But then sometimes that doesn't work!
Not sure if I will get there.
Not sure if I will get back.
But I usually do!!!
Peter60 Offline

Postby G60michael » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 am

Some rare as hen's teeth goodies added to my Patrol Parts Stash, probably never end up using them but worth having.

The ever Illusive C216 Carrier bearings!! Having spoken to Esteban a while ago and having read several forum posts with people trying to get the right bearings to replace, most people just think would be a standards bearing number HR32209, and that's what we all order :lol:

As folks have Learnt over time, the Bearing is a Standard Number, but the tricky part of it is that the Outer Cone/Race is a special one Designated Strictly to the old G60 Patrol's, its 3mm Wider in the Cone then a Standard 32209 Bearing Cone! This is a Significate difference and involves making a spacer to space the narrower standard 32209 cone out to make up the difference of the original wider cone.

Having read a post on Facebook a bloke was after bearings and had no Luck, I also could use some to freshen a diff up that had been low on oil and surface rust had got to the bearings, not a result that will end good, I ended up doing a diff swap :lol:

having researched here, even years back now folks had trouble trying to source the correct HR32209JX, needs the JX Prefix which is the OEM Number for the Original bearing with the unique Wide cone. No results on the internet, decided to try a local bearing shop, they hunted a week and found one in there chain of suppliers, I then tried Nissan, no stock, discontinued number.

Tried another shop and they had No Listing, they offered to call NSK (the Only Manufacturer/OEM Manufacturer of these C216 Bearings) only one left in there NSK Network, Took a week and its now here as well :lol:

Decided to email NSK International as well personally and see if possible one off Re-Production would be considered, its a No Go and was Informed that its Been Discontinued for several years now, and in there NSK Global Network there is no Stock Left anywhere Globally :shock: :o

So unless someone's brought a bunch years ago and has them sitting in a box in the shed, there no loner available anywhere, all suppliers here system is linked nation wide aswell :cry:

G60michael Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Postby Esteban » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:15 am

G60michael wrote:Some rare as hen's teeth goodies added to my Patrol Parts Stash, probably never end up using them but worth having...

Excellent Michael! You certainly give a new meaning to the word unobtanium !

Congratulations on your effort to find these bearings. Probably we should add a note in the compatible parts section, so people don't get frustrated trying to find these bearings, and proceed with the spacer route.
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics