69' L60 straight body runner

Rust or bling, we want to see it!

Postby RiverPatrol » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:02 pm

plateaucal wrote:
curlrider11 wrote:Wow I found a replacement Koito taillight and bezel on eBay today for my 69', been waiting 2 years to match my headlights back to original. Woohoo!!! These are tough to find floating around.....

That light receptacle is coming your way as soon as I can figure how to work around our social distancing requirements. Good find on EBAY! I have been looking forever too. My lenses are good with but one has small crack.

I've found that USPS.com right now is invaluable. With Click-n-Ship I can buy the Express postage, using my own box or an Express box that I have a stock of from the post office. I print the label and schedule a pickup with my regular mail delivery. No touch, no post office visit. The only down side is you can only purchase Express postage, not first class. But the difference in price is worth having tracking and not having to leave the house. 8-)

I somehow have a stash of several of those rear lenses, NOS. Not with the bezel though.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:48 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:
plateaucal wrote:
curlrider11 wrote:Wow I found a replacement Koito taillight and bezel on eBay today for my 69', been waiting 2 years to match my headlights back to original. Woohoo!!! These are tough to find floating around.....

That light receptacle is coming your way as soon as I can figure how to work around our social distancing requirements. Good find on EBAY! I have been looking forever too. My lenses are good with but one has small crack.

I've found that USPS.com right now is invaluable. With Click-n-Ship I can buy the Express postage, using my own box or an Express box that I have a stock of from the post office. I print the label and schedule a pickup with my regular mail delivery. No touch, no post office visit. The only down side is you can only purchase Express postage, not first class. But the difference in price is worth having tracking and not having to leave the house. 8-)

I somehow have a stash of several of those rear lenses, NOS. Not with the bezel though.

Cool, sounds like the thing to do. I have it boxed up and will get it out soon. And River, you have my list, let's do some trading. Having a spare lens would help me sleep easier.
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby curlrider11 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:40 pm

moore_rb wrote:That is such a great truck, and I love that you are focusing all your efforts on preservation, and mechanical optimization.

Now, promise me you won't do anything silly, like strip it down and paint it. PROMISE ME. :)

They are only original once; and original paint survivors like yours are the rarest of the rare.

Haha, not hard to make a promise on that one. I will NOT be touching the paint! too much of a perfectionist to not take it down to the frame and start from scratch if I was going to do that, not to mention I don't have the patience, energy, garage space, or points from the wife for that :)
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. " Pr. 12:15
curlrider11 Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby curlrider11 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Hugely productive weekend test fitting and running the Koenig winch. So nice to have it off the garage floor and on the patrol. Cable was pretty shot, so starting fresh there, otherwise pretty original except for the fabricated mounts (previous owner I think).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CFT1iVNjmFP1Qtuf8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
curlrider11 Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:10 am

Weekend? :think: You've been social distancing too long. :lol:
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:17 pm

By chance does your Patrol still have the original alternator and voltage regulator? If so is there anyway you can post a picture?
plateaucal Offline

Postby curlrider11 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:18 pm

I think it does.... let me take a look today....
"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. " Pr. 12:15
curlrider11 Offline

Postby curlrider11 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Here are photos of my setup. I've never had to touch either my regulator or my alternator. I believe the 69s came with an alternator instead of a generator. Not sure if this is the original one but it was what was installed when I bought it. The faceplate has everything worn off unfortunately
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
curlrider11 Offline

Postby plateaucal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Perfect! Thank you.
plateaucal Offline

Postby curlrider11 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Sure, let me know if you need specific angles or photos or different sides for any reason
curlrider11 Offline

PreviousNext

Return to Show us Your Patrol!