Rubber radiator mounts

Won't run? Engine, cooling system, fuel pump, carb, clutch, tranny, brakes, etc. The old messages from the NPCA 'Engine & Mechanical' category are here.

Postby ozscott » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:24 am

I have had the radiator recored of my 1978 Patrol. I would like to replace the rubber mounting washers that sit either side of the radiator mounting points. Mine are hard and very brittle. Does anyone know of a source for these mounts? They are domed in shape, like a 50's flying saucer, or do they just compress to that shape over years? Any guidance appreciated. Scott.
By th way my Patrol has been sitting 17 years, not 10 as I stated in my initial posting on "Show us your Patrol".
ozscott Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby Flaggoni » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

I made my own mounts. I used 1/2 inch thick neoprene from Mc master Carr. I used a bandsaw, then a disc grinder to make the discs. I used short pieces of heavy duty air hose for the compressible center isolators. Make them a little bit long, so they can expand in diameter when tightened.
Mild Bill
Flaggoni Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby ozscott » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:05 am

Thanks for the detailed response. I take it that they are not easily found considering the work that would go into making a set.
ozscott Offline

Postby jwgreen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Check this place, they have them in stock it seems along with a bunch more rubber needed for the Patrol

https://sportsimports.ca/patrol-rubber
Justin
jwgreen Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby ozscott » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:04 am

Thank you. :clap: I have contacted them. They seem pretty reasonable at $24 for 4. I appreciate the assistance. Scott
ozscott Offline

Postby ozscott » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Well, I have sent several emails to these guys re their rubber mounts, and no one has got back to me. Does anyone in the US live near them, or have used them, are they still actively in business? I would have thought on line sales would have been an easy option during these challenging times. Any help would be appreciated.
ozscott Offline

Postby jwgreen » Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am

ozscott wrote:Well, I have sent several emails to these guys re their rubber mounts, and no one has got back to me. Does anyone in the US live near them, or have used them, are they still actively in business? I would have thought on line sales would have been an easy option during these challenging times. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever get through to this guy? I just talked to him on the phone and he says he still has stuff and his contact me form should be working. Stated he just shipped some stuff to Aus yesterday.
Justin
jwgreen Offline

Postby ozscott » Sun May 03, 2020 6:35 am

No I did not. Every time I tried to use the online order form it would not work, neither did his email. I will try him again, thanks for letting me know. Scott
ozscott Offline

Postby jwgreen » Sun May 03, 2020 9:01 am

ozscott wrote:No I did not. Every time I tried to use the online order form it would not work, neither did his email. I will try him again, thanks for letting me know. Scott

If you can't get in touch just PM me your info and I will order them and ship them to you and you can just pay me back. He stated that the day I talked to him he just received and shipped out stuff to Australia... :think: :think:
Justin
jwgreen Offline

Postby ozscott » Thu May 07, 2020 6:33 am

Thanks for the offer. I did get onto them, and we have exchanged emails, but I am still waiting to here back re my order. I will keep you posted. Thanks, Scott.
ozscott Offline

Return to Engine and Mechanical