Cross Sectional Study - COVID 19 response

General chatter, gossip, gab, hot air, rap session, etc.

Postby ozscott » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:38 pm

By way of another look at what is happening in Melbourne, and Victoria due to the restrictions, here is a somewhat more accurate analysis.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 55q7y.html

Stay safe.
ozscott Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:36 pm

ozscott wrote:By way of another look at what is happening in Melbourne, and Victoria due to the restrictions, here is a somewhat more accurate analysis.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 55q7y.html

Stay safe.

Thanks. Good article.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby moore_rb » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 am

Hmmm.... so the press in Australia seems to be just as infected with "propaganda-itis" as the press in the US... That's just GREAT.
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
White 65 Hardtop L60-3-00617 (undergoing restoration)
Red 65 hardtop 4L60-002565 (scrapped for parts)
66 Hardtop "El-Bondo Patrol", L60-00511 (sold June2020)
Blue 67 Hardtop (sold March1997)
Green 62 Softtop L60-2-00504 (undergoing restoration)
moore_rb Online

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:49 am

I am not sure if anyone has noted that the Democrat platform is thus; “Build Back Better”. This is no accident as it is also the same thesis for WEF’s “Great Reset”. This philosophy was initially use in reference to the response to natural disasters. The vast destruction that comes in the wake of a hurricane, or a drought or a “pandemic” allows for the opportunity to “Build Back Better”. But remember, in order to build back, that which was originally there must be destroyed first. That is how the Great Reset works. Not by destroying buildings or crops but by destroying societies in order to reform them into the new world view.

By now that should be obvious, to some at least. There is little doubt that the term “plandemic” is appropriate. The Covid19 data has been fabricated, manipulated and abused to achieve these end goals. The point of this post is to suggest that they are not done with this yet. Although it is well under way and the riots, Covid response and especially the drastic economic impacts are all part of their plan and have gained an unstoppable inertia.

For me personally, I just try to understand and learn how to position myself; how to react. No one can read the future but I thought this article presents a good hypothesis regarding our near term future.

https://mises.org/wire/lockdowns-great-reset

Pardon me for blathering along. I will take some photos of me changing the oil on my Patrol to make up for it. Have to get ready for the “Great Ascent” in Lake City, CO.
plateaucal Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:28 pm

It's been pretty obvious since the start that the pandemic was being used for gain on multiple fronts, and still is. I saw an intriguing meme this morning, it will be interesting to see it it or something similar happens:

118442393_10220744520956655_5181820128327839866_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby mdawg4x4 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:19 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:It's been pretty obvious since the start that the pandemic was being used for gain on multiple fronts, and still is. I saw an intriguing meme this morning, it will be interesting to see it it or something similar happens:

118442393_10220744520956655_5181820128327839866_n.jpg

With technology today, he can debate from his basement, with Trump campaign members there to make sure he is not being propped up like “Weekend at Bernie’s”!
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

Postby plateaucal » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:03 am

Observations from Western Colorado.

Maskers to anti-maskers are now about 2/1 even with a Statewide mandate.

Our town has seen a huge increase in tourism. At any given time there may be 1/3 or more out-of-state vehicles on the road. Since May, people from all over have been flooding in. It appears that they are escaping the cities and setting up in the forest. Some camps are long term. The roads into the forest are beat up pretty bad and 5 mph is barely doable. The vehicle of choice is the van. They are everywhere;Sprinters, Transits, Ram Vans, etc. This is the new vagabond class but wealthy. It seems that California, Texas and Arizona are over-represented, no surprise. This may be the new normal, bug out vehicles to escape lock-downs and urban violence AND to avoid flying. I want one.

Cargo trailers are impossible to find. There is a lot of moving going on plus some using these as campers. Prices are way up if you can find one.

We have seen no new deaths since March or so. My neighbor, who had Covid a couple of months ago, was just re-tested. He is still positive. It is likely just a case of viral shedding which may go on for several weeks. It is apparently a non-contagious state. The hospital is still quiet, last I heard.

It is approaching desert camping season. I am planning a trip to Utah to find the Henry Mountains buffalo herd. Something to do. Hopefully that is far enough away.

My plans for Chaco, Dulce and other places in New Mexico are on hold as NM still has a Statewide quarantine order. If you leave and comeback or enter the State to stay, you must quarantine for 14 days. Brutal.

As always, I am thankful that I live here and not in the big city.

We had our first mountain snow. Hopefully the weather holds out until after L60Boerne's Patrol ralley.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:07 pm

I'm just going to leave this right here. Make your own conclusions. It will be intriguing to see how/if this gets destroyed in the media. I do recommend taking the time to watch it to the end, it's very well done and quite compelling. Incredibly provoking dialogue throughout but especially at about 24:30.

https://ise.media/video/plandemic-ii-in ... dm3SCARHE0

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:54 pm

This is a worthwhile video and much of the information contained therein as been already linked here. Supposedly this video has also gone viral. Hmmmm. This seems like level one of the rabbit hole. Level two is the truth behind what appears to be the truth. Operation mockingbird's (aka, yellow journalism) original purpose was to motivate the masses to think in a certain way. This is done, then as now, by providing false information, reconstructing former truths, censoring info. and by not including essential information and by numerous other ploys. Someone once said that "the truth is in the spaces between the words". This is too easy. Never has a "conspiracy" been so easily unraveled and so well received.

So in referring back to Operation Mockingbird you have to ask yourself "How does this video make me or others feel? How will it make me or others act?" That is the second level of information.

The producer, Mikki Willis, is a former model turned videographer. His background seems more likely to align with those that would not normally promote this type of information.

Anyway this seems like first level propaganda. Either that or I have too much time on my hands.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:09 am

This will make you shake your head, at least. Here in CA with extreme restrictions it has more impact. Much of the country didn't get the point about Pelosi getting her hair done, you have to understand the lockdown situation here to really get it. And especially in San Francisco which is almost like Melbourne.

https://www.sott.net/article/441024-The ... -lockdowns

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:21 pm

I recently read the following book; “ Covid-19, The Great Reset”. One of the Authors is Klaus Schwab, founder of the World Economic Forum. The WEF was involved in “war gaming” a pandemic in 2019 called Event 201. “ Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic.” This book was published in June of 2020.

Essentially, this book discusses the outcome of the Covid-19 pandemic and how the world will form into a new order a.k.a The Fourth Industrial Revolution or The Great Reset. The book is largely written in a hypothetical manner with suggestions as to possible outcomes, desirable or not desirable. However, it is easy to see it as a road map for the new global world order, because it is. Covid 19 has turned out to be a catalyst, underscoring deficiencies in our current system of governance, business, trade and social order. And the WEF (and their many powerful associates) has a solution for all of this. Interestingly, portions of this solution are already in place. Virtually everything you have experienced or read about for the last six months is part of their plan. This is not theory, the ship has sailed and you are on it.

I do not suggest that their plan is all doom and gloom. Their recommendations and theories are in fact quite sensible and I found myself agreeing with their descriptions of our glaring societal deficiencies and how Covid 19 highlighted them. Things such as universal health care, global warming, wealth distribution, supply chains, trade inequities etc. etc. are all discussed. Theoretically we could arrive in a post Covid 19 world in a better place, but that may take years. This book is fascinating and prescient (strangely so) and is a must read if you want to hypothesize regarding your own future. Do I trust them?…hell no. The devil is always in the details which are short in supply right now. But we are all going on this ride and that is a fact. Remember, Bill Gates said the next pandemic is coming and it will likely be worse than this one (yes he did and with a smile). So get ready and hang on.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:46 pm

I had read the earlier version of this article but didn't share it because I could not verify it's claims against Fauci with my own fact checking. They have now added disclaimers correcting that, so I'll share: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/500000-covid19 ... LBD1RhW6oU

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Bull Session