Bored, so here's a bunch of vehicles I have had!

Topics for any and all other vehicles whether you just want to share or if you are in need of advice.

Postby yitzac1990 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:49 am

Bored today, so I figured I would share some about me....a lot of the vehicles I have owned, in case anyone is also bored, or just curious! I think every vehicle I have owned has some kind of "story" to go with it

My first car was a 1993 Geo Prizm that I taught myself to drive stick on. I couldnt find any pictures of it.

My second car was a brand new 2008 Lancer. I wound up putting a turbo on it, blowing the motor, putting the turbo on again, then taking it off and trading it for a 2007 Nissan Xterra! It was actually one of the first ever turbo'd 2008+ Lancers in the country at the time. I couldnt find any pictures of the xterra, but it was a 6 speed 2wd ( :( ) model that I loved!

Then, I got hooked on drifting and bought my first Nissan 240sx, a 1989. after a bunch of work to the car and practice, I was finally getting better at drifting. It had a Nissan SR20DET engine in it, which I do miss.

Then for a short time I had a 1999 Silverado 1500 after selling the Xterra, which I didnt have pics of. Then I upgraded to my current truck, 2004.5 LLY Duramax truck! I think ill wind up never selling this truck, and will probably run it until either it dies or I die, whichever happens first. Currently no camper top anymore...

Then I smashed up my first 240sx pretty good in a wall at Bowling Green. so I bought another, of course! Started out silver, then eventually wrapped it in "black holographic", and it became known as the bass boat....I wonder why? I built the SR20 that was in it after mis-shifting and getting a nasty rod knock....then that engine only went downhill from there unfortunately.

Around the "end" of that SR20 motor, I bouht my first LS to swap into it. so I took the SR20 out of the drift car and put it into this 1993 Nissan Hardbody truck....that was a fun truck! until the engine started knocking again.....so I took out the SR20, sold that entire setup, and put a KA24DET from a 240sx into it, then sold the whole truck. Heres a build thread: http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=36849

Then I traded one of my guns for a very unique project....a sand rail buggy with a Ford 2.3L turbo motor from a 1988 Thunderbird! that was a fun project. There is actually a bit of a build thread on the buggy here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewt ... highlight=

Then I traded the buggy for both a 1993 Miata and a 1988 Suzuki Samurai. Not much was done with the miata....fixed a few things and sold it. The samurai was an awesome little toy...I wound up taking out the old carbureted 1.3L motor and swapping in another KA24DET and hardbody transmission to it and it was SO much better! The samurai has a build thread here: https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/88-sa ... e.2570129/

And my most current drift car, my pride and joy....1993 Nissan 240sx that was in the works for about 4 years. LS, T56, fully built pro level drift car. Then just a few weeks ago I sold it and the enclosed trailer I had :( ill build another drift car eventually...

World's only Chevy LS powered G60 Patrol

...at least that I know of :D
yitzac1990 Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby yitzac1990 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:54 am

Ive also had a few motorcycles...my first one was a 2007 Yamaha YZF600R, not to be confused with the YZFR6. the 600r was carbureted and more of a "sport cruiser" bike, with the one big seat. I couldnt find any pics of it. Then I bought a 2008 CBR600RR...

Then I sold the CBR600rr to pay some bills, and I instantly regretted selling it. So i eventually got another bike, a 1978 Honda CB750K. I bought it knowing it needed work, and I wanted an old school cafe bike. but after getting it all fixed up, I took it for its first ride, and the motor started knocking....ugh! So I traded it for a custom AR15, then traded that for my tire changer!

Of course, I still missed having a bike, so I got a 2008 CBR1000RR. Some guy backed into it while it was parked at work and did a lot of damage....so I did a cafe front end "conversion", because I like old school style, but also modern performance. so now I have a "cafe" bike, with an awesome modern fuel injected engine.

I recently purchased a Kawasaki 125 dirt bike....its very fun!

yitzac1990 Offline

Postby jwgreen » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:56 am

Nice collection of cars and some great story's to go along with them all I'm sure!!!
Justin
jwgreen Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby yitzac1990 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:05 am

and some fun stuff....projects/work for friends of mine! One of my buddies got an early 90's HMMWV from a government auction, and wanted a custom bumper/hood guard. so I built this...

...which eventually turned into a whole exo-cage for the thing!

Also, i am not sure if anyone here saw that C7 Corvette with the exo-cage that went viral a while back? Yeah, that was me too....no finished/current pics, but here are some in-progress pictures of it in my shop. This is the same guy that has the HMMWV above.

Last but not least, im sure everyone on this forum will like this....my other friend has a 1975 Volvo C304. the stock inline 6 volvo motor blew up one day, so he wanted to swap a Mercedes turbo diesel into it. This is actually the guy I got the Patrol back from. I told him I would do the labor in exchange for the patrol. This was a very fun and interesting project! The MB OM603 motor is actually very simple and easy to get running! This has a bit of a build thread as well: https://www.c303.de/c303-forum/index.ph ... 50;start=0

yitzac1990 Offline

Postby yitzac1990 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:08 am

in summary: a LOT of things learned over the years working on many different projects...the best part is seeing my skills get better after each project, and applying what I learned on a previous vehicle, to a current vehicle. Good times, and I dont think they will stop anytime soon!

A bunch of people have told me I should open my own shop, but I am too much of a realist...start up costs would be a LOT, and everyone around here already "knows someone who will do it cheaper"....

yitzac1990 Offline

Postby faux40 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:50 pm

Wow! Some really cool toys in your past!
John
faux40 Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby moore_rb » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:26 pm

yitzac1990 wrote:A bunch of people have told me I should open my own shop, but I am too much of a realist...start up costs would be a LOT, and everyone around here already "knows someone who will do it cheaper"....

Do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life. Turn what you love into a job, and you'll end up hating is as much as every other job you've ever had.

Read the fable of the Mexican fisherman and the Investment Banker: http://renewablewealth.com/the-parable- ... fisherman/
ImageImageImageImage

L-R:
White 65 Hardtop L60-3-00617 (undergoing restoration)
Red 65 hardtop 4L60-002565 (scrapped for parts)
66 Hardtop "El-Bondo Patrol", L60-00511 (Restored, then sold June2020)
Blue 67 Hardtop (sold March1997)
Green 62 Softtop L60-2-00504 (undergoing restoration)
moore_rb Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:56 pm

Dang! I wish I had neighbors like you.
plateaucal Offline

Postby plateaucal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:08 pm

What model of tubing bender do you have? Also what size tubing did you use for those projects? Thanks.
plateaucal Offline

Postby yitzac1990 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:43 am

moore_rb wrote:Turn what you love into a job, and you'll end up hating is as much as every other job you've ever had.

Funny you say that...a lot of my "car friends" are mechanics or technicians at dealerships for work, and they say they hate having to work on their own car when they get home from their job...another thing I would be worried about.

yitzac1990 Offline

Next

Return to Other Vehicles