Cross Sectional Study - COVID 19 response

General chatter, gossip, gab, hot air, rap session, etc.

Postby mdawg4x4 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:08 am

RiverPatrol wrote:Well that one flopped - SCOTUS denied the case. On to the next one...

I read somewhere they denied the TX case based on the fact that TX has no direct gain or loss with the case!
63 Nissan Patrol project, 1967 Nissan Patrol, 2012 Nissan Xterra (daughter's), 2017 Jeep JKUR, 1998 Jeep TJ
mdawg4x4 Offline

I love driving my Patrol!

Postby plateaucal » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:17 am

I agree with this analysis. Every citizen has standing, let alone any particular State.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... truth.html
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:29 am

plateaucal wrote:I agree with this analysis. Every citizen has standing, let alone any particular State.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... truth.html

There are several plausible theories floating around. I'm not sure I agree with this particular one because if/when Biden gets in there will be court packing depending on what happens with the Senate regardless.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:12 pm

The rationale for the SC not to allow standing is speculative, but I choked out on the LSAT so what would I know. Here is some interesting reading. Flynn thinks they have proof. This is the Georgia lawsuit. Search for "dominion" to get to the meat. https://www.scribd.com/document/487885893/BRIEF

Could it be more damning?
plateaucal Offline

Postby plateaucal » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:20 pm

Page 77 is the beginning of the dialogue between Sidney Powell and the Court. Interesting.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:42 pm

That is the case Sidney Powell just filed with SCOTUS Friday, it has yet to be accepted. Apparently she has also filed similar cases against the other states in question. Frankly I'll be surprised if SCOTUS agrees to hear any of them.

The dialogue that starts on page 77 can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8CEnc9GsY

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Could it be that Scotus is afraid?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1339652797738999811
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:44 pm

It would seem so, and many others.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby RiverPatrol » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:23 pm

:violence-captureflagblue: :violence-captureflagred:
Fireworks

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby L60Boerne » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Greetings,
Life is nothing more than a hand of poker. It is important to play the hand you are dealt ...not the one you want.

With clear minds and understanding our country will grow from this.

Patrolling and praying,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Hard Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6)
L60Boerne Offline

Postby plateaucal » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:43 pm

L60Boerne wrote:Greetings,
Life is nothing more than a hand of poker. It is important to play the hand you are dealt ...not the one you want.

With clear minds and understanding our country will grow from this.

Patrolling and praying,
L60Boerne

My mind became clear this morning. I thought of a few jokes and thought I would try them out on an easy crowd...here it goes.

Does anyone know the best place to buy PVC pipe? I hear it is great for storing things and I have a bunch of uhh…toilet paper, that I want to store. I’ll need some big pipe probably 8” for the uhh…high capacity toilet paper rolls. I will bury most of the rolls and leave one roll handy just in case. I doubt that anyone is going to try to pry one from my fingers while I’m using it…

So my wife and I are approaching retirement and we need some advice. What would be better? A gulag in Colorado during the winter or one in Arizona during the summer. Just trying to think out of the box.

I found the perfect gender neutral pronoun: Comrade. Seriously try it out in a few sentences, works every time. It’s all starting to make sense now.

And finally, so that you know humor can be found anywhere, even in the depths of a crazy mind...

My mother was a Saint. She raised 9 kids on her own. All but two of us made it to adulthood. Pretty good record I would say. She died the most horrible prolonged death that you can imagine (wait for the punch line). The doctors had written her off, claiming she had an orphan disease, whatever the hell that is (personally I think she was messing up their tee time). Well, I was sitting at the funeral next to my sister, wiping away my tears. I whispered to her “Did I tell you that mom’s doctor called me today?” She whispered back “ What did he say?” I replied “ He wanted to know how mom was doing.” Badda bing! Believe it or not, I found some humor in the irony of the moment. True story and maybe it’s relevant today.

And David, where is the discard pile? I am going for a draw.
plateaucal Offline

Postby L60Boerne » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:51 am

Plateaucal,

Thank you for a glimpse into the clowny faces in your mind. :hand: It reinforces the fact that nobody has ever heard the following opening line in Vegas.....Hello...I used to be an engineer but i decided to take up comedy.

Wait a minute...I don't care who you are...that is a funny line :lol: ...maybe you are onto something. :clap:

Don't for get those PVC tubes are also good for storing pool cues too! Right now the only things more valuable than BitCoins are primers for pistol and rifle cartridges so if you have some of those you better add them to your toilet paper.

I thought I was finished buying pistols but I've bought three lately. However, I will need to cast my own bullet as no bullets are available. All three are icon vintage pistols manufactured between 1925 and 1939. The last two DO NOT fit into the radicals confiscation specs but still work everyday rain or shine. It will take a month to accumulate the leading casting equipment and other supplies but in a month I'll churning out .38 S & W ammo on most weekends.

Patrolling for primers,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Hard Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6)
L60Boerne Offline

Postby plateaucal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:09 am

Dang it, David. A friend just sold a bunch of casting and reloading stuff. I will check in today to see what's left.

Every once in a while I put out a real zinger to get the crowd laughing. It's rare but if you don't try, you will never succeed.

Esteban gave me a sympathy like. Thanks, Esteban! Riverpatrol did not, however. Hmmm.
plateaucal Offline

Postby RiverPatrol » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:59 am

My dad used to reload his own. I still have a couple boxes of .357 ammo he loaded. I wonder how reliable they are? They're as old as I am. I also have the S & W .357 he made them for. That one isn't on the books so no one will come knocking for it. Stolen 46 is already talking about coming and getting them.

Watching events unfold this week I am deeply troubled on many levels. I am seeing the country implode. The world is watching us implode. If ever there was a time in history that our enemies thought might be a good time to attack American soil it's obviously now. The new regime has shown incredible weakness and there is nobody at the helm currently. Our President has virtually been stripped of his command and no one is in place to pick up the reins that has the balls to do what would be needed. The immigrants have already seen the breakdown and are stampeding the border chanting "Biden, Biden" as they come. I hope this is what the left wanted because it's their baby now.

They're actively censoring the conservative voice. Not simply the President - who's email service has even been shut down - but many dissenting voices on social media. And they're coming after Parler, the conservative refuge. What we are experiencing is unprecedented. They are forcing conservatives to shut up and submit, attempting to 'cleanse' the MAGA movement. That is the definition of Authoritarian.

I am appalled as I watch the chasm between the factions widen to irreparable distances. They hate us. Not just the political elite, all of the left do. It actually pained me to see the reaction of the left to the woman, a military veteran, killed in the Capitol. No empathy for the senseless unprovoked killing. The enormous hypocrisy and double standards they are shouting and truly believe are simply mind boggling. The diatribe against anyone who supports the President is hugely divisive and a stark reminder of where we stand. Deplorables, Nazi's, racists is how we are all labelled simply because of who we voted for. What they fail to understand is the reason Trump gets the support is because no one has ever supported the working middle class before. Yes, this is about class. And the working middle class is a large part of the country that has been ignored and disdained by the elite for too long. They're not just Republicans, they're Americans that build and sustain the country, they are they backbone of the country and the country would collapse without us. But they don't want to hear us. Sit down, shut up and pay your taxes.

The new regime's first 120 days are indeed starting out as a Dark Winter. Dammit, I haven't gone grocery shopping yet.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby plateaucal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:51 am

Call me crazy. But I am actually refreshed, even energized by current events. It is about time! There is no greater evil than ignorance and people are now beginning their education, let us hope it takes. What we are witnessing is the fruition of decades of planning by those that have taken (and I mean that literally) power while the masses have slept. My angst over the apathy of American citizens is dissipating.

The enemy is behind the lines.
plateaucal Offline

PreviousNext

Return to Bull Session