Blast notice!

General chatter, gossip, gab, hot air, rap session, etc.

Postby RiverPatrol » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Do not do business with Jake (Jacob) Schmillen from Idaho or Jackson Hole, Wyoming! He is a total flake. He took advantage of my flexibility and generosity and screwed me in a significant business deal. He now has my prize Patrol Togo and I am short several thousand less than what it is worth because he got it under the promise that he was making a package deal that he has now reneged on after we had a written agreement. He deceived me into believing he was making a package deal for everything, taking Togo first at the reduced price of a package deal then bailed on the rest of the deal. He knows me and my reputation here, he knew that the Patrols and package were something he won't find anywhere else due to my integrity. He used my good intentioned benevolence as well as my physical disability against me.

Keep an eye out for sale updates. I will be selling my entire inventory, cars and parts. Obviously it will take some time to list everything and I have a vacation coming up so be patient. In the mean time if there is anything you've been dying to have, message me. I've got some uber rare stuff. NOS ring and pinion gear, NOS vacuum advances, etc. etc. etc.

Rest assured I will continue to remain active in the Patrol community and maintain the forum as always. That's something I can still do.

P1000627_1.jpg

EDIT (added 5/7/2022):

The saga continues. Karma has not caught up with him yet.

A couple of months ago I got a call from the guy, Jake Schmillen. He was all contrite and wanted to smooth things over. He had just discovered that as a result of the post I put on the Facebook and the one I put on IH8MUD they showed up when a Google search was done for his name. He wanted me to take the posts down. He begged and pleaded, said it was affecting his business and his reputation with his teenage daughters friends. I told him I would gladly take all of the posts down and even put up posts saying he had made good, all he had to do was pay me what Togo was worth. I didn't even ask that he make good on the contract that he had breached for the package deal, just make good on the Patrol he scammed me out of. I even gave him a discount on the proposal, I only asked for $10,000 (he had already paid $20,000 towards the package deal). He said no.

So now I hear rumor that Togo has a new owner and has been seen frequently around Boise, ID. New owner said they bought it at an auction and they paid $40,000. So, asshole Jake Schmillen scammed me on a contract package deal and turned around and doubled his money at my expense.

Sorry for the foul language but I'm pretty pissed right now. :angry-cussingblack: :angry-devil: :angry-extinguishflame:

279743486_5178440732204701_997587905898830940_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beyond any hope for intervention

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby r1lark » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Sorry to hear this River. What a slimeball this guy is. :angry-fire:
Paul
r1lark Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby mad4hws » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:10 pm

I would have used a word other than Flake. How do guys like this sleep at night?
mad4hws Offline

I love driving my Patrol!
I love driving my Patrol!

Postby Dattosanaddict » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:19 am

Sorry this happened.... Maggots preying on our people is not acceptable! We will watch out for this fool!
Dattosanaddict Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby Esteban » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:09 pm

RiverPatrol wrote:...He used my good intentioned benevolence as well as my physical disability against me. ...

Rest assured I will continue to remain active in the Patrol community and maintain the forum as always. That's something I can still do.

I am in total anger after reading all this! I hope you still have some legal recourse to go after this jackass.

He probably is checking constantly this site, so Jake, you should know that you're not welcome in our Patrol community. We're going to keep an eye on you!
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby L60Boerne » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:01 pm

RiverPatrol you have been so generous with me and all of us. People that do things like that need to be held to account. I think you need to publish his name and home address(s). He seems like the type of person that would change his name as it fits his purposes.

Patrolling on the same side as RiverPatrol,
L60Boerne
63 Soft Top - Command & Control Vehicle 5 (CCV5)
65 No Top - Presidio Patrol (CCV4 -sold)
65 No Top - Santa's Sleigh
66 Soft Top - Phoenix Patrol (CCV6) For Sale
66 No Top - Pinto Patrol (CCV7)
L60Boerne Offline

Helping others revive their Patrol…
Helping others revive their Patrol…

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:09 pm

L60Boerne wrote:RiverPatrol you have been so generous with me and all of us. People that do things like that need to be held to account. I think you need to publish his name and home address(s). He seems like the type of person that would change his name as it fits his purposes.

Patrolling on the same side as RiverPatrol,
L60Boerne

Thanks for the supportive words David. Since he owns businesses I doubt he will change his name. One can easily enough search the Internet. Regardless of the egregiousness of his actions I don't think it would be right to outright dox him. Do keep your eyes out for a shiny red Patrol for sale though.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Oddbod » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:43 am

Oh NO, that is terrible...
Sorry to read about your bad deal.
I'm a great believer in KARMA and I am sure he will get his just deserts and I hope you get to hear about it.
Stay strong and thanks for looking after this Forum for all the good people to enjoy.

Russ.
Oddbod Offline

Postby Rubirunner85 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:52 pm

Very sorry to hear of this river, did this get resolved on your end?
Rubirunner85 Offline

So, I just bought this Patrol….
So, I just bought this Patrol….

Postby RiverPatrol » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:32 pm

Rubirunner85 wrote:Very sorry to hear of this river, did this get resolved on your end?

Thanks for the concern. Unresolved to date.

RiverPatrol Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Bull Session