Need HELP! 1966 Patrol Damaged

Bottoms out? Shimmies? Shackles, springs, shocks, steering linkage etc. The old messages from the NPCA 'Suspension' category are here.

Postby Seal4@vb » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:43 am

Hello! I am in need of assistance in diagnosing how to assess damage and where to source needed parts (vehicle is in Virginia).
Backstory: my 1966 Patrol was damaged in a move from Texas to Virginia. The moving company "dropped" the Patrol. While backing the Patrol up skids to the tractor-trailer, the loading ramp buckled when the Patrol was 6' off the ground - the loading ramp did not have the safety pin installed and fell off the tractor-trailer. BOOM. Patrol sustained damage to rear axel (internal nut stripped, seals damaged) and minor damage to corner of hard-top. Those damages were repaired with relative ease. Upon final inspection of Patrol, I discovered a crack in the front (drivers) axel hub (photo attached).

I need help in understanding what the underlying issue is and how to fix. I greatly appreciate any assistance. Note: there was not any external causation (i.e., hitting of hub from any object). Notwithstanding the external causation from the fall of the vehicle, the failure/fracture of the hub was from internal causation. Since the incident, the vehicle has not been driven more than 2 miles)

Thank you,

Rich Dobrich
1-571-345-8747
r_dobrich@yahoo.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seal4@vb Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Postby 50car » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:30 pm

Rich, I have a parts rig that has this style hub assembly on the driver's side. Please send me a pm and we will discuss getting you this part.
Jeff
50Car
50car Offline

You know you own a Patrol when…
You know you own a Patrol when…

Postby Esteban » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 pm

Rich, where in Virginia are you located?

I’ll give you a call tomorrow. Trying to make sense of what else can be damaged. A bent axle housing for instance?

Esteban
Owner of the same Patrol since 1967
Esteban Offline

Patrol Fanatic!
Patrol Fanatic!

Postby Seal4@vb » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:35 pm

I live in Virginia Beach
Seal4@vb Offline

Patrol Newbie
Patrol Newbie

Return to Suspension & Steering